left platter acting strange

left platter acting strange
Posted on: 28.01.2011 by Aracely Mcalvey
Maybe I need to re-calibrate my left jogwheel. Not sure. If, while cue'ing a track, I put my hand down on the platter to run a track backward or forward, sometimes it won't play upon release, even though I had the play button pushed and lit. I can give it a few nudges, and try again, and sometimes it will start back up...any idea? This would SUCK to happen live, especially if I were wanting to do quick cut to a new track.

Should I re-calibrate? Anyone else experience this before?
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by rhombus_77
It is as simple as touching the jog wheel in a specified spot and clicking "ok" with the mouse. easy
Just to clarify you have to press the top plate down and not just touch.
Andree Ganas
Originally Posted by Kevening sOfTheRound
Maybe I need to re-calibrate my left jogwheel. Not sure. If, while cue'ing a track, I put my hand down on the platter to run a track backward or forward, sometimes it won't play upon release, even though I had the play button pushed and lit. I can give it a few nudges, and try again, and sometimes it will start back up...any idea? This would SUCK to happen live, especially if I were wanting to do quick cut to a new track.

it is super simple. Preferences (gear icon on upper left) > from the list on left choose the bottom one for S4. Middle bottom is a jog wheel recalibration. Click "left jog wheel" and follow the directions. It is as simple as touching the jog wheel in a specified spot and clicking "ok" with the mouse. easy
Aracely Mcalvey

Aracely Mcalvey
Thought I'd dig up my old thread instead of create a new one, but I feel like my issue was a predecessor to what is now a hardware issue (or at least I'm pretty confident of it). Neither of my jog wheels will calibrate, nor do they function properly. I DJ almost exclusively at home, recreationally, so my S4 hasn't seen a lot of significant action that would warrant a hardware failure. When you press on a platter, previously, it would push down just slightly to engage stopping (and or scratching) of the track. Now, it feels as though the platters are always pressed in, and there is no tactile response to them.

I removed the platters, and it almost looks like the little prongs that are supposed to click into the jog wheel, and spring the platter back up after you remove your hand, are getting stuck or permanently pushed in. I'm not sure how to alleviate this situation.

Is it possible to purchase replacement platters for the S4? Even if they're aftermarket?

I've emailed NI, and hopefully they'll be helpful in the matter. I'm pretty confused, and plenty frustrated, given the price of the controller.
Julissa Serrone
yeah man reacal, and if it happens to you live. You can recal while playing.
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by rhombus_77
It is as simple as touching the jog wheel in a specified spot and clicking "ok" with the mouse. easy
Just to clarify you have to press the top plate down and not just touch.
Carlee Pickard
Yep, you have to re-calibrate. Probably would've been easier to do it then to type out this thread , but s'all good!
Nedra Fresneda
recal
Andree Ganas
Originally Posted by Kevening sOfTheRound

it is super simple. Preferences (gear icon on upper left) > from the list on left choose the bottom one for S4. Middle bottom is a jog wheel recalibration. Click "left jog wheel" and follow the directions. It is as simple as touching the jog wheel in a specified spot and clicking "ok" with the mouse. easy

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy