S4 Button/MIDI problems help plz

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: S4 Button/MIDI problems help plzReply
S4 Button/MIDI problems help plz
Posted on: 08.08.2012 by Marin Boyea
Hello, igot a problem that just started today that is starting to get old real quick and cant find any solutions on the web so any help or thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated... iwas mixing earlier and all of a sudden both the A/C and B/D decks started to repeat as i was mixing and the all four of the loop in's and out's buttons were blinking blinking blinking ... at first ithough i hit an fx knob or pushed the loop knobs like a dumb asss but turns out that wasn't the case, because icouldnt get them to stop looping on both decks, irestarted traktor and turned the s4 off and was using traktor with out the s4 and everything worked normal..BUT then i turned on the s4 and wen i did this almost immediatly the loop in and out buttons started to spaz out with the green leds again and started looping both tracks playing on the decks.....i restarted trakor and the problem persisted before could do anything. so i reinstalled traktor and it fixed the problem...BUT now the left and right deck's play cue's load shift and sync buttons are not responding...(EXEPT FOR THE RIGHT DECKS PLAY BUTTON) it acually plays the track wen loaded....Deck a's cue 1 and cue 4 led lights just stay on and do not turn off. both the load buttons for each deck do not load tracks from the collection, ihave to do this manually now.... and the play button refuses to play tracks wen loaded. also the green led on the play button just stays on it doesn't turn off. all the faders knobs and jog wheels work with no problems and i also re-calibrated them... its mainly most of the buttons on the S4 controller itself that wont respond anymore...its like there frozen or something.

Thats my problem, idont know if imoved something changed something or missed something because ihave no clue whats goin on or what to even do anymore. idk if im a dumb asss and am missing somethin simple but I'm fresh out of ideas.
I've had no problems for the past 4-5 months since ive bought the s4 new, also its not a cracked version its legit.
i just updated Traktor Pro to the 2.5.1 version about 2 days ago and all of a sudden today it starts hell.
ilove this thing and wouldnt get rid of it unless its a factory default, then ill just use the warranty and get it replaced(really dont want to that)
But if u might know wut to do or suspect any solutions id really appreciate it, THanks

Mac OS X v10.7.4
2.4 GHz Intel Core i7
8GB RAM
Marin Boyea
Hello, igot a problem that just started today that is starting to get old real quick and cant find any solutions on the web so any help or thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated... iwas mixing earlier and all of a sudden both the A/C and B/D decks started to repeat as i was mixing and the all four of the loop in's and out's buttons were blinking blinking blinking ... at first ithough i hit an fx knob or pushed the loop knobs like a dumb asss but turns out that wasn't the case, because icouldnt get them to stop looping on both decks, irestarted traktor and turned the s4 off and was using traktor with out the s4 and everything worked normal..BUT then i turned on the s4 and wen i did this almost immediatly the loop in and out buttons started to spaz out with the green leds again and started looping both tracks playing on the decks.....i restarted trakor and the problem persisted before could do anything. so i reinstalled traktor and it fixed the problem...BUT now the left and right deck's play cue's load shift and sync buttons are not responding...(EXEPT FOR THE RIGHT DECKS PLAY BUTTON) it acually plays the track wen loaded....Deck a's cue 1 and cue 4 led lights just stay on and do not turn off. both the load buttons for each deck do not load tracks from the collection, ihave to do this manually now.... and the play button refuses to play tracks wen loaded. also the green led on the play button just stays on it doesn't turn off. all the faders knobs and jog wheels work with no problems and i also re-calibrated them... its mainly most of the buttons on the S4 controller itself that wont respond anymore...its like there frozen or something.

Thats my problem, idont know if imoved something changed something or missed something because ihave no clue whats goin on or what to even do anymore. idk if im a dumb asss and am missing somethin simple but I'm fresh out of ideas.
I've had no problems for the past 4-5 months since ive bought the s4 new, also its not a cracked version its legit.
i just updated Traktor Pro to the 2.5.1 version about 2 days ago and all of a sudden today it starts hell.
ilove this thing and wouldnt get rid of it unless its a factory default, then ill just use the warranty and get it replaced(really dont want to that)
But if u might know wut to do or suspect any solutions id really appreciate it, THanks

Mac OS X v10.7.4
2.4 GHz Intel Core i7
8GB RAM
Kellie Myrum
Does this happen in both NHL and MIDI mode? If so, looks like your firmware need re-flash.
Tiana Krusz
The fucked up part is that it did this to me in OCtober of 2010 and I emailed support and went through the whole deal and magically it wen't away. At the time I attributed it to something support told me to do. So it worked and my interest faded after a month... and now almost a year later I go to sell my S4 and it starts happening again. I've tried the latest drivers. I've tried it on windows/mac... The fucked up part is that the unit will act this way when it's not even connected to traktor.
Angella Tsukerman
May be worth getting the latest drivers although it does seem like a pretty significant issue. Could be something USB3.0 orientated, worth a shot anyways.
Tiana Krusz
I have the same exact problem. Tried it on 2 macs and a windows machine, same problem...
Rey Holubar
To me, it really sounds like your S4 is defective. Can you test it on another computer?

scamo

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy