S4 cue buttons

S4 cue buttons
Posted on: 20.09.2012 by Lita Sciamanna
More often than not I am unable to use the cue buttons (1-4) or the actual cue button to repeatedly and accurately stab in live cue points of a track.

I've tried adjusting the latency but this doesn't seem to help.

Can you use these cue buttons to stab in audio like the cue button on a CDJ? If so any advise on what settings I can change to do this.

Thanks in advance
J
Faustino Stringfellow
Originally Posted by ChilledoutCharlie
Could this have something to do with Quantise mode? Try turning that off
yup, if you want the "finger drummer" style of response, then turn off Quantise, the down side is that you will most likely be out of time with your cuepoints ...use sparingly.
Lita Sciamanna
More often than not I am unable to use the cue buttons (1-4) or the actual cue button to repeatedly and accurately stab in live cue points of a track.

I've tried adjusting the latency but this doesn't seem to help.

Can you use these cue buttons to stab in audio like the cue button on a CDJ? If so any advise on what settings I can change to do this.

Thanks in advance
J
Kellie Myrum
Turn off snap mode next to quantize.
Faustino Stringfellow
just had a thought, go to the S4 control panel, and check that you have 1ms in the USB latency, (forget about the audio latency for now)
Lita Sciamanna
Thanks, these have all been great tips.

I tried switching off quantise before which again seemed to make a difference but I still wasn't able to consistently use the cue points to stab in beats or acapella as accurately as I could with CDJs.

I know it's possible to do this as I just purchased a 3d midi fighter which gets great response. Starting to wonder if the s4 cues were not quite designed for finger drumming.
Faustino Stringfellow
Originally Posted by ChilledoutCharlie
yup, if you want the "finger drummer" style of response, then turn off Quantise, the down side is that you will most likely be out of time with your cuepoints ...use sparingly.
Angella Tsukerman
Lita Sciamanna
Thanks the defiantly helps when the track is not playing. The cue buttons are much more responsive.

However if the track is playing and you repeatedly hit cue (say on a kick downbeat) it wont repeat as where as good.

Thanks though that defo got me part way sorted. Thanks!
Charline Dye
Turn off sync.

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy