Kontrol S4 USB 3.0 Conflict

Kontrol S4 USB 3.0 Conflict
Posted on: 20.09.2012 by Joline Behymer
As many users may know Kontrol S4 is not compatible with Windows 7 and USB 3.0. After receiving my new Alienware M17x laptop, and trying to run the S4 through any of thee four USB 3.0 inputs, I was crushed to see the blue screen of death every time. Upon further research, I discovered that the eSATA combo port is indeed USB 2.0. Plugged the S4 into it and bingo, I'm in business.

Ryan
Faustino Stringfellow
Originally Posted by ksandvik
USB 3.0 throughput is overkill for S4, anyway, assuming you have a laptop with USB 2.0 output and not 3.0 only.
but if you have a modern laptop without USB2, you have no choice other than to use USB3.... that's the point of all these discussions.
Faustino Stringfellow
Originally Posted by Bedlam
As many users may know Kontrol S4 is not compatible with Windows 7 and USB 3.0. After receiving my new Alienware M17x laptop, and trying to run the S4 through any of thee four USB 3.0 inputs, I was crushed to see the blue screen of death every time. Upon further research, I discovered that the eSATA combo port is indeed USB 2.0. Plugged the S4 into it and bingo, I'm in business.

Ryan
good that you found it, but if you'd read the many posts about this ...they would have told you the same.

BTW Windows 8 has zero problems with USB3 & S4. I was even brave enough to gig with it last evening .
Joline Behymer

Ryan
Faustino Stringfellow
Originally Posted by ksandvik
USB 3.0 throughput is overkill for S4, anyway, assuming you have a laptop with USB 2.0 output and not 3.0 only.
but if you have a modern laptop without USB2, you have no choice other than to use USB3.... that's the point of all these discussions.
Celine Surico
Faustino Stringfellow
Originally Posted by Bedlam

Ryan
good that you found it, but if you'd read the many posts about this ...they would have told you the same.

BTW Windows 8 has zero problems with USB3 & S4. I was even brave enough to gig with it last evening .

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy