S2 Live Setup

S2 Live Setup
Posted on: 01.10.2012 by Michiko Pulfrey
Hey everyone,
Just wondering if I need a sound mixer for live performance with my Traktor S2. This month I have some high school and college functions that I am supplying the gear for for the first time (Other times, my opener/person I opened for; or the school would provide the gear . I am buying two DCM KX 212's and probably a couple cabinets and I already have a monitor. Do I need to run it with an amplifier and sound mixer? or just the amplifier for the controller? I ran live at a house one time with a full setup but I just plugged in and went for it, I can't remember if there was a sound mixer or not.

Thanks in advance, close the thread if it is stickied or it's in the wrong section.

-Rob [TK]
Julian Ispas
Originally Posted by That Kid
Wooord - Money's not the issue, so I'll definitely look for something nice. How many speakers does an active setup have?
dang you're Ballin with that "money's not the issue"

yea just get some JBL 12" active speakers. and get some stands for those speakers too...to raise up the height of those speaker so that the sound travel at ppl's ears level and it makes sound louder
Michiko Pulfrey
Originally Posted by brocklambert
For doing small to medium size events (under 100 people), I would suggest getting a pair of 12" or 15" 2-way active speakers such as a QSC K12, EV ELX 112P or 115P, etc... as well as at least 1 active 18" subwoofer (2 is ideal). It's always better to buy smaller amount of quality gear, as opposed to a lot of crap gear . You can always add on as you go, or as your events get bigger. For larger events of 200-500 people, you need something more like 4 tops and 4 subs, which can get expensive.
Thanks man, it's gonna be good to get outta the damn house lol!
Michiko Pulfrey
By doing a quick google search, the DCM KX 212 is a home speaker, not a pro audio speaker. You need to get a proper PA system. You can either get some active (powered) speakers, or passive speakers with an amp. If you really don't have the money for a PA system (minimum $1k), then you might be better off renting something for your first few events.
Wooord - Money's not the issue, so I'll definitely look for something nice. How many speakers does an active setup have?
Michiko Pulfrey
Hey everyone,
Just wondering if I need a sound mixer for live performance with my Traktor S2. This month I have some high school and college functions that I am supplying the gear for for the first time (Other times, my opener/person I opened for; or the school would provide the gear . I am buying two DCM KX 212's and probably a couple cabinets and I already have a monitor. Do I need to run it with an amplifier and sound mixer? or just the amplifier for the controller? I ran live at a house one time with a full setup but I just plugged in and went for it, I can't remember if there was a sound mixer or not.

Thanks in advance, close the thread if it is stickied or it's in the wrong section.

-Rob [TK]
Julian Ispas
Originally Posted by That Kid
dang you're Ballin with that "money's not the issue"

yea just get some JBL 12" active speakers. and get some stands for those speakers too...to raise up the height of those speaker so that the sound travel at ppl's ears level and it makes sound louder
Michiko Pulfrey
Think im going to pick up a JBL set, it looks great!
Michiko Pulfrey
For doing small to medium size events (under 100 people), I would suggest getting a pair of 12" or 15" 2-way active speakers such as a QSC K12, EV ELX 112P or 115P, etc... as well as at least 1 active 18" subwoofer (2 is ideal). It's always better to buy smaller amount of quality gear, as opposed to a lot of crap gear . You can always add on as you go, or as your events get bigger. For larger events of 200-500 people, you need something more like 4 tops and 4 subs, which can get expensive.
Thanks man, it's gonna be good to get outta the damn house lol!
Harley Zitka
Michiko Pulfrey
By doing a quick google search, the DCM KX 212 is a home speaker, not a pro audio speaker. You need to get a proper PA system. You can either get some active (powered) speakers, or passive speakers with an amp. If you really don't have the money for a PA system (minimum $1k), then you might be better off renting something for your first few events.
Harley Zitka

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy