I am trying to upgrade to 2.5 on Traktor and I keep getting a Failed mess. on my MAC

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: I am trying to upgrade to 2.5 on Traktor and I keep getting a Failed mess. on my MACReply
I am trying to upgrade to 2.5 on Traktor and I keep getting a Failed mess. on my MAC
Posted on: 12.10.2012 by Shoshana Syria
It's never happened before, so far all of the other updates have gone well. This update I couldn't find on my Service Center, I had to go to the NI website to download it to my mac. I'm still new to MAC...the entire message reads: Failure: Cannot proceed with this update, because the app cannot be found in the stored installation directory.

I never moved or changed anything. Can anyone help me figure out why this is happening. Thanks in advance.

SW
Shoshana Syria
It's never happened before, so far all of the other updates have gone well. This update I couldn't find on my Service Center, I had to go to the NI website to download it to my mac. I'm still new to MAC...the entire message reads: Failure: Cannot proceed with this update, because the app cannot be found in the stored installation directory.

I never moved or changed anything. Can anyone help me figure out why this is happening. Thanks in advance.

SW
Shoshana Syria
It was what you said Jayo..once I downloaded the demo version it took the other download with no problem. Thank you so much, that was a huge help! Now I am just trying to figure out the remix decks, everything is different now.
Celine Surico
In general NI installations get very unhappy if the volume name or location has been changed behind their back. They register absolute paths with a volume name et rest bake in to the plists controlling content locations.

Otherwise, it's seldom a good idea to take out any apps from the /Applications folder. Mac App store installs assume to find the original version there. Otherwise I don't know what happened in your specific instance.
Shoshana Syria
No, I never changed anything or did anything different, that's why I'm wondering why I'm getting this message.
Shoshana Syria
Thanks Jayo, I'm gonna try that and see what happens , I appreciate your help.
Celine Surico
Did you change the name of the boot drive or where Traktor resides?
Evie Baghdasarian
I had a similar problem. NI told me to download the demo from their site and punch in your serial number when it prompts you. Worked just fine.
Shoshana Syria
Yes, my current version icon is there...
Joselyn Supina
Make sure the current version of traktor (basically the traktor icon) is located in Finder > Applications.

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy