Just bout a used S2 :) however the seller is incommunicado about the serial :(

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: Just bout a used S2 :) however the seller is incommunicado about the serial :(Reply
Just bout a used S2 :) however the seller is incommunicado about the serial :(
Posted on: 18.09.2012 by Jeannine Drobney
So i just picked up a used s2 from craigslist. Got a smoking deal too. But the seller didn't have his confirmation from NI that he as been unregistered. The more I believe about it the more I believe that maybe i bought a hot item. I got excited and wanted to buy and s2 for months now and the deal was $200.00 disc, unit, box, usb cord, no power supply. I bought this last evening but I am freaking out a bit. The unit works awesome on my mac and pc.

If the seller never communicates to me the registration being removed then I was wondering what you would do. I am am honest person and would not hesitate to contact local authorities to make sure the unit isn't stolen.

Yes shame on me for even considering the purchase without the NI confirmation but I cant change that now.
Jeannine Drobney
So i just picked up a used s2 from craigslist. Got a smoking deal too. But the seller didn't have his confirmation from NI that he as been unregistered. The more I believe about it the more I believe that maybe i bought a hot item. I got excited and wanted to buy and s2 for months now and the deal was $200.00 disc, unit, box, usb cord, no power supply. I bought this last evening but I am freaking out a bit. The unit works awesome on my mac and pc.

If the seller never communicates to me the registration being removed then I was wondering what you would do. I am am honest person and would not hesitate to contact local authorities to make sure the unit isn't stolen.

Yes shame on me for even considering the purchase without the NI confirmation but I cant change that now.
Ileana Schieve
hmm.. didn't know X1's came with a serial.. Guess I have a few serials for TP2 now haha.
Nestor Epper
I’m sure you can just purchase a copy from NI directly. It doesn’t have to be the S2 version for it to work does it?
Jeannine Drobney
I have TP2 from the Kontrol x1 i bought so I have been rocking for a bit now and I love the s2. I Sync ableton and don't worry about midi sync drift because platters let me beat match old skool.

The unit came with the factory disc with serial but i have had no need to register. I also watch craigslist everyday for gear and haven't seen any adds for a stolen s2 so .........

Now that I believe about it I will register this copy of TP2 just to make sure its legit also.
Merideth Garnder
No that means you still don't have the full Traktor Pro 2 that comes with the S2 doesn't it?
Jeannine Drobney
Good news. I wanted to update the community with NI's response:
Hello Razzlesnaz,

You are not required to register the hardware. You would only need to register the
software.

Titus
Native Instruments Support Team

Native Instruments North America, Inc.
6725 Sunset Boulevard
5th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90028
USA
http://www.native-instruments.com/
Leeanna Ayla
I doubt anybody at NI would tell you anything about the previous owner. Maybe put a add on craigslist asking if anybody had one stolen. from the flood of people responding maybe one will know what the serial number is on the unit. Best case scenario the original owner reimburses you some of what you spent. That or contact the police and voice your suspicion.
Celine Surico
This is one reason it's best to get a confirmation email from the seller from NI telling that their unit has been de-registered, assuming that letter is not a fake, of course.
Nedra Fresneda
Give it a few days, if you still don't get an answer open a ticket with NI and ask them to check if the hardware serial matches the person selling it.

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy