S4 Extra mappable controls

S4 Extra mappable controls
Posted on: 16.10.2012 by Doug Bieling
Alrighty all,

Got myself a shiny new S4 recently while the prices were low

Is there a decent list of all the controls that can be mapped for extra functions? ie Shift & Something that's not used in default which could be harnessed for extra functionality?

Cheers
MMM
Doug Bieling
Alrighty all,

Got myself a shiny new S4 recently while the prices were low

Is there a decent list of all the controls that can be mapped for extra functions? ie Shift & Something that's not used in default which could be harnessed for extra functionality?

Cheers
MMM
Octavia Manansala
Man I hope you are right about the override concept for 2.6 scamo. I've been getting by with the nullify and re-map concept for now, but that is still fairly limited and proper LED feedback is out of the question. I've been sitting on some sidecar type user maps that augment the stock S4 map for things like releasing the foot switch from the iron grip of the loop recorder so it can be/do whatever you desire, and a few other little goodies here and there. If I have time to properly document what I have before 2.6 hopefully renders it un-necessary, I'll post what I've got so far.
Rey Holubar
Yes, but my S4 FX Jogs mapping is just a bunch of workarounds really. I can't wait to get my hands on 2.6 to see what I can change/ override to make my mapping just a bit more stable and logical to use.

scamo
Doug Bieling
ooowh nice!

Scamo is it you who has done the big s4 mapping?

Haven't you mapped a lot of extra features in but still keeping the default mapping in use?
Rey Holubar
AFAIK,there isn't such a list and if there were, it would be quite short, because the S4 is pretty maxed out when it comes to what it can control. According to some recent news from the BPM show, Traktor 2.6 should give us mappers the ability to override standard functions in the controller manager. That is going to be so cool!

scamo

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy