Audio issues!!!!!!

Audio issues!!!!!!
Posted on: 17.09.2012 by Gertrud Flament
OK , I know that there many many threads with audio issues and topics, but no threads have seemed to help me solve my problem. I have a show coming up in 2 weeks and something needs to be fixed now and I'm praying somebody has the answer for me.

To start, my computer is a HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC. Windows 7 x64 based Intel Core i5 CPU M460 @2.53ghz, 2534 MHz. 6 GB ram.

I use a traktor Kontrol s4 with traktor pro 2 version 2.1.3. When I first got it I don't recall audio drop outs at all. But I'll also tell you what my audio settings are at.
48,000 Hz sample rate, 256 samples process buffer, 1ms USB buffer.

I downloaded the DPC latency checker and I get huge random spikes. I tried turning off WiFi and the ACPI but doesn't do anything. I also updated the driver patch 3.0.3 on traktor kontrols updates and it didn't seem to adjust it at all.

What I have noticed is my load (CPU) meter is fairly low but extremely jumpy, and at the cracking/audio dropout points, it spikes to the full bar amount. Is that my issue, is there something I can do to fix that?

I'm new to this so I don't know if i provided enough information, if there's anything else that needs to be known let me know and I'll get back to you asap. Also, sorry if there's a thread like this out there but I haven't found it through the dozens I've read.
Faustino Stringfellow
Originally Posted by deejayfino
So my happy solution has come to an end =/
It worked so good for 3 days, then yesterday the drop outs came back in -__-... now i really dont know what to do
now turn off wifi!
Gertrud Flament
OK , I know that there many many threads with audio issues and topics, but no threads have seemed to help me solve my problem. I have a show coming up in 2 weeks and something needs to be fixed now and I'm praying somebody has the answer for me.

To start, my computer is a HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC. Windows 7 x64 based Intel Core i5 CPU M460 @2.53ghz, 2534 MHz. 6 GB ram.

I use a traktor Kontrol s4 with traktor pro 2 version 2.1.3. When I first got it I don't recall audio drop outs at all. But I'll also tell you what my audio settings are at.
48,000 Hz sample rate, 256 samples process buffer, 1ms USB buffer.

I downloaded the DPC latency checker and I get huge random spikes. I tried turning off WiFi and the ACPI but doesn't do anything. I also updated the driver patch 3.0.3 on traktor kontrols updates and it didn't seem to adjust it at all.

What I have noticed is my load (CPU) meter is fairly low but extremely jumpy, and at the cracking/audio dropout points, it spikes to the full bar amount. Is that my issue, is there something I can do to fix that?

I'm new to this so I don't know if i provided enough information, if there's anything else that needs to be known let me know and I'll get back to you asap. Also, sorry if there's a thread like this out there but I haven't found it through the dozens I've read.
Annalisa Shogren
Up your latency. 1ms, you're going to get spikes...
Ileana Schieve
Now you get to find out what corrupt driver etc is causing the spikes.. not really a fun job, but this link here has a lot of good tips on the subject.
Faustino Stringfellow
Originally Posted by deejayfino
It worked so good for 3 days, then yesterday the drop outs came back in -__-... now i really dont know what to do
now turn off wifi!
Gertrud Flament
Celine Surico
In general, this is what I do with new SW releases.

a) listen to the pioneers with arrows on their backs, community s, if they complain do not install
b) if it sounds Ok I download the SW and always if possible have the old one around for a switch back to old.
c) test for a few days to make sure it is OK.

Never, ever and don't even believe about it, install and use new SW the day the gig happens.
Ciara Cuttill
I was about to say try downloading the new drivers, I lost a lot of my audio crackles and drops when I did so. have you enable multicore support (if your pc is multi core)?
Gertrud Flament
Ok guys, who ever is viewing this, I updated the program to 2.5.1 and it fixed everything. I don't turn off wifi, and I dont disable anything. So far so good, just had a 3 hour practice session with no interruptions.

Thank you ksandvik
Gertrud Flament
No, I have USB 2.0. And key matching? where do I find that? and the latest driver is the traktor kontrol 3.0.3 right?
Celine Surico
USB 3 on your HP Pavilion? Anyway, get latest S4 drivers and Traktor 2.5.1 just to see if your issues have been resolved. There were performance issues with 2.5 and key matching very similar to what you are hearing but those were fixed in 2.5.1. Anyway, turn off key matching to see if that's the cause.

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy