Can you fix the volume fader issue on the S4 by yourself? - Warranty is gone

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: Can you fix the volume fader issue on the S4 by yourself? - Warranty is goneReply
Can you fix the volume fader issue on the S4 by yourself? - Warranty is gone
Posted on: 27.09.2012 by Anamaria Cappola
As the title says, can you fix it by yourself?
Anamaria Cappola
As the title says, can you fix it by yourself?
Leeanna Ayla
You could dunk the whole thing in a 90% alcohol bath, let it sit for a day at least to dry and then spray some Caig Deoxit fader lube in it.

As an alternative to dunking it you could go to a paint store and get some of those DIY aerosol cans used to make custom spray paint, fill it with alcohol and spray the faders.
Anamaria Cappola
Does it come with a 2 year warranty???? I had no idea of that, but the problem still stands, NI does not answer on my tickets, so how do I get in touch with them?
Kristofer Krauel
Why not just send it back to NI to be fixed? S4's come with a 2 year warranty.
Ileana Schieve
If you have balls, do like I do on any mixer that causes me troubles. Take the fader out, then desolder it and open it up, clean all of the gunk out from the "fingers" and apply some electronics grease, put it back together, and it's like new.
Holli Mesones
This happens to me occasionally as well. So far, calibrating has made the problem go away for a few weeks at a time.
Anamaria Cappola
Well, how do I know if you need replacement or not? I've got the standard issue when the A, B and C faders just drops in volume.
Nedra Fresneda
Depends if it needs replacing or not. S4's faders aren't user replaceable.

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy