Will my Windows 7 Proffesional run Traktor S2 and Traktor Pro 2

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: Will my Windows 7 Proffesional run Traktor S2 and Traktor Pro 2Reply
Will my Windows 7 Proffesional run Traktor S2 and Traktor Pro 2
Posted on: 13.10.2012 by Yanira Swint
So im getting the Traktor Kontrol S2 next week and I'm wondering if my laptop can handle the Traktor Pro 2 and Traktor S2 without glichtes and stuff
PLZ HELP

Here is my perfomance
Ram: 3GB
32 bites
2.10 GHz 2.09 GHz

I don't know alot about computers is there anything more I should write?

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP
Yanira Swint
Originally Posted by vangogo
as a windows user also with a low spec laptop, i would say you will need to do some tweaking to get it to work without a hitch. I'm on my phone or i would give you the links. At native instruments community there is a sticky about prepping your windows machine for use with traktor. At the top of this subcommunity there is a sticky about what a member did to prep his laptop. In that thread there is a script you can download and run to turn off unneeded windows services.

I set my laptop up as a dual boot system(there is a djtt blog article on how to do it), i run the script i mentioned, and i use an sd card set up to be used as additional ram (its a windows 7 option, readyboost is maybe what it's called). With traktor 2.1.3 no problems. With 2.5.1 i have to watch using keylock as it causes drop outs if doing too many things at once. I really just need a faster laptop with more ram, but its not in the budget. My specs are 2.2ghz 3mb ram window 7 home.

You can start with just turning off wifi and see what happens and tweak from there. Good luck!
thanks alot!!!!!!!
Yanira Swint
Originally Posted by manchild
Yea you can raise your latency, which helps a lot. Turning off wi-fi helps a lot too. Some people have/had to change and turn off all sorts of crazy stuff just to make it work, and some people dont have to do anything.
Alright thanks alot i hope its ok to pm you when I get it if I get a problem with it
Yanira Swint
Sounds like its kinda old. This is what NI says for the minimum:

Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 32/64 Bit), 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)

A lot of people have had issues w/ much better laptops then the minimum. Who knows, you might be alright.
Alright thanks, but if it starts to glitch..is the latency a help? or are there other settings that can help?
Yanira Swint
So im getting the Traktor Kontrol S2 next week and I'm wondering if my laptop can handle the Traktor Pro 2 and Traktor S2 without glichtes and stuff
PLZ HELP

Here is my perfomance
Ram: 3GB
32 bites
2.10 GHz 2.09 GHz

I don't know alot about computers is there anything more I should write?

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP
Yanira Swint
So I got my S2 today and I worked with it fine but there is a glitch and when I load music to decks there is like a 10-15 seconds glitch, also when I have the extended "SKIN" it glichtes but when I dont have it it's fine..I tried everything, closed all the programs, everything I dont know what to do?
Charline Dye
http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=23335
particularly this page http://community .djranking s.com/showthr...ipt#post307701
http://www.djranking s.com/2011/08/1...-power-script/ and
http://www.djranking s.com/2011/10/0...-dual-booting/
Here is NI's info (Iwas wrong it wasn't a community sticky)http://www.native-instruments.com/kn...dio+Processing
enjoy
Yanira Swint
I cant find the prepping can u post it when you are in your computer
Yanira Swint
Originally Posted by vangogo
as a windows user also with a low spec laptop, i would say you will need to do some tweaking to get it to work without a hitch. I'm on my phone or i would give you the links. At native instruments community there is a sticky about prepping your windows machine for use with traktor. At the top of this subcommunity there is a sticky about what a member did to prep his laptop. In that thread there is a script you can download and run to turn off unneeded windows services.

I set my laptop up as a dual boot system(there is a djtt blog article on how to do it), i run the script i mentioned, and i use an sd card set up to be used as additional ram (its a windows 7 option, readyboost is maybe what it's called). With traktor 2.1.3 no problems. With 2.5.1 i have to watch using keylock as it causes drop outs if doing too many things at once. I really just need a faster laptop with more ram, but its not in the budget. My specs are 2.2ghz 3mb ram window 7 home.

You can start with just turning off wifi and see what happens and tweak from there. Good luck!
thanks alot!!!!!!!
Charline Dye
As a windows user also with a low spec laptop, I would say you will need to do some tweaking to get it to work without a hitch. I'm on my phone or I would give you the links. At Native Instruments community there is a sticky about prepping your windows machine for use with Traktor. At the top of this subcommunity there is a sticky about what a member did to prep his laptop. In that thread there is a script you can download and run to turn off unneeded windows services.

I set my laptop up as a dual boot system(there is a DJTT blog article on how to do it), I run the script I mentioned, and I use an SD card set up to be used as additional ram (its a windows 7 option, readyboost is maybe what it's called). With Traktor 2.1.3 no problems. With 2.5.1 I have to watch using Keylock as it causes drop outs if doing too many things at once. I really just need a faster laptop with more ram, but its not in the budget. My specs are 2.2ghz 3mb ram window 7 home.

Addie Engbrecht
Yea no prob. Good luck
Yanira Swint
Yea you can raise your latency, which helps a lot. Turning off wi-fi helps a lot too. Some people have/had to change and turn off all sorts of crazy stuff just to make it work, and some people dont have to do anything.
Alright thanks alot i hope its ok to pm you when I get it if I get a problem with it
Addie Engbrecht
Yanira Swint
This is the computer I have http://www.pricerunner.se/pi/27-2643...uktinformation

But i currently have proffesional not home premium
Yanira Swint

Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 32/64 Bit), 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)

A lot of people have had issues w/ much better laptops then the minimum. Who knows, you might be alright.
Alright thanks, but if it starts to glitch..is the latency a help? or are there other settings that can help?
Addie Engbrecht

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy