playing two MacBooks with Traktor through the S4

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: playing two MacBooks with Traktor through the S4Reply
playing two MacBooks with Traktor through the S4
Posted on: 08.08.2012 by Cythia Fahl
Hi,

A friend an i are planning to play sets together back to back and were wanting to hook up both macs to the s4, i see threads where it can be done using a large mixer with audio 10 's but can not find anything about linking the two MacBooks with tractor to the S4 Kontroller

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Sean
Faustino Stringfellow
At Chris ... unfit for purpose ? It's EXACTLY their purpose, they do exactly what they say they will .... they serve me well when switching over and haven't ever failed, what makes it unusable ? the instructions were in English not Chinese, there's a simple green button to push ...just the one ...... is one button to push unusable ? what do you do with the AH 1D? it's got lots more unusable buttons ...

But if you want to buy a Rane 68 for
Faustino Stringfellow
At Chris ... unfit for purpose ? It's EXACTLY their purpose, they do exactly what they say they will .... they serve me well when switching over and haven't ever failed, what makes it unusable ? the instructions were in English not Chinese, there's a simple green button to push ...just the one ...... is one button to push unusable ? what do you do with the AH 1D? it's got lots more unusable buttons ...

Faustino Stringfellow

Faustino Stringfellow

Faustino Stringfellow

Faustino Stringfellow

Faustino Stringfellow

Teresia Janusch
Originally Posted by JSM
you can do this with a USB2 sharer, it's not automatic, but it does switch in about 2 seconds. Remember there will be a second or two of dead air when you switch. They can be bought from dozens of places especially on eBay. Mine cost $14 each, so i bought a few. The work the other way too, i'e 2xS4's and 1 laptop, but only one can be used at a time. Not the perfect solution, but it is a solution ...
id say thats unfit for purpose...but yes its a solution, but an unuseable one
Cythia Fahl
Hi,

A friend an i are planning to play sets together back to back and were wanting to hook up both macs to the s4, i see threads where it can be done using a large mixer with audio 10 's but can not find anything about linking the two MacBooks with tractor to the S4 Kontroller

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Sean
Latia Fabrizi
i personally have never hooked up two macs to one s4. i have connected my friends numark ns6 controller to my s4. i connected him to deck "c" and we had no problem going back to back. The only thing you have to watch out for is when you "cue" for upcoming tracks. make sure u have the crossfader set in right position so crowd doesnt hear the upcomign track. also you cant syn your s4 with his gear . you will have to manually adjust bpm level and beat mach. shouldnt be too hard and besides its always good to practice
Teresia Janusch
Posted this a few times before, this is how we do it...yes its for 1.2.7 but the process is the same for 2.x.x

Cythia Fahl
Hello Gents,

Thanks for the answers so far , we want to use our music from two MAcs, in separate iTunes, separate traktor playlists etc

I use the first two channels A&B and the other two can be used by my mate who has an audio two , running into C&D

The music shop down the road said we can hook up the clocks using a midi cable, have not got it right yet though.

We would ilk th ability to beat match tracks from one laptop to another if we can ......

Sound okay to you guys ?

cheers Sean
Teresia Janusch
ok, ill expand, its unfit for use in a live club environment! any 'dead air', even 2 seconds isnt professional...im not 'hating', just being real.
Faustino Stringfellow

Teresia Janusch
Originally Posted by JSM
you can do this with a USB2 sharer, it's not automatic, but it does switch in about 2 seconds. Remember there will be a second or two of dead air when you switch. They can be bought from dozens of places especially on eBay. Mine cost $14 each, so i bought a few. The work the other way too, i'e 2xS4's and 1 laptop, but only one can be used at a time. Not the perfect solution, but it is a solution ...
id say thats unfit for purpose...but yes its a solution, but an unuseable one
Faustino Stringfellow
Teresia Janusch
if your set on only using the one controller, id get ur friend to put his music onto an external firewire hdd and plug into ur mbp.

the only roundabout away i can believe of doing it would end up being a mapping evening mare. he would need to use an audio 8 or something with a midi out plugged into the midi in of the S4...the issue would be if you dont get the mapping right, you could end up controlling some of his controls and vice versa
Nedra Fresneda
Like it was said, the S4 (and most controllers/midi capable mixers/soundcards) can't be hooked to 2 systems simultaneously.
Bridget Liner
Curious, why would you want to have two laptops and one controller?
Harley Zitka
Pretty sure you can't use 2 laptops connected to a single S4. Best thing to do is have 2 controllers and 2 laptops and use the midi-sync function. Either that, or just connect an external hard drive to a single laptop so you have both collections available to play from one setup.

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy