How do you use F1 along with S2/4 ?

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: How do you use F1 along with S2/4 ?Reply
How do you use F1 along with S2/4 ?
Posted on: 16.10.2012 by Virgilio Gerberick
Hi guys,

Recently I bought F1 through NI online shop. I didn't feel the need of F1, I was just looking for proper use for NI e-voucher.

So, I totally have no idea how to combine F1 and my S2.

I can play short remix with F1 and S2, but only short time. I have no ability and time to prepare the 2 hour remix for playing.

How does you guys use F1 along with S2 or S4??

Just playing samples to drop? or Two-hour remix? or other usage?
Virgilio Gerberick
Hi guys,

Recently I bought F1 through NI online shop. I didn't feel the need of F1, I was just looking for proper use for NI e-voucher.

So, I totally have no idea how to combine F1 and my S2.

I can play short remix with F1 and S2, but only short time. I have no ability and time to prepare the 2 hour remix for playing.

How does you guys use F1 along with S2 or S4??

Just playing samples to drop? or Two-hour remix? or other usage?
Virgilio Gerberick
Great Thanks!

So, Creativity always matters
Jodi Bookout
Take my advise with a grain of salt. I am kind of a newb...... But I have a S4, X1, and F1. Soon to buy another F1 or midi fighter(most likely the F1).

So it really depends on your personal work flow. You could use the F1 for FX if you wanted though that would be a better midi fighter thing in my opinion. You could use it just to launch a sample or two, hell get creative dropping some soft vocals in a nice area of the track. It about just walking over to your gear turning it on and not being afraid of maybe doing something that sounds bad. You may start to surprise yourself with what you come up with. Sometimes I will use it to drop samples in to purely help me transition into another track that may no have messed well with the previous one with out the extra's I subtly drop on top. Soon I want to pick up the Z1 so I can use that with 2 F1's and a X1 and do a set that way. It leaves a lot of room for creativity and freedom. Though you have some of the same freedoms with a controller the simplicity of a mixer and all your samples at your finger tips just rubs me the right way. Here again just going back to personal preference. Play with see if you like..... It's possible that it just doesn't fit your work flow and that's ok..... though now you have one so you should make it fit or sell it. The F1 is a great addition to any arsenal imo just map it to work for you. :P

I hope I am of some help.

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy