Need help asap s4 gives my new pc BLUE SCREEN

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: Need help asap s4 gives my new pc BLUE SCREENReply
Need help asap s4 gives my new pc BLUE SCREEN
Posted on: 19.10.2012 by Mary Arbaugh
hi guys i just got my new editing/music/gaming pc today

spec : i7 3820k
16gb ram
7970 3gb x2
120gb ssd hard drive
1tb 72000rpm hard drive

i installed the s4 driver & tracktor 2 software.
i load the software up it loads up but when i turn on my s4 so traktor can find it i get blue screen.
so afta i did a manual restart i left the s4 on believein this will help so the second i loaded up traktor2 i got Blue screen again ...

can any1 help me please? i even sent a support ticket to Native an i havent had a reply .

HELP!
Annalisa Shogren
Originally Posted by regaejnz
Can eny one tell me what are the drivers can fix this problem
Sorry, I got it wrong. It's drivers for OSX 10.8, not USB3.
Deedee Decarli
Originally Posted by OmniRoss
If you're plugging it into a USB3 port then you'll need to download specific drivers from NI's website.
Mary Arbaugh
Originally Posted by elseanjuan
had the same issue 2 days ago. just about shat a brick with rage...

you can also "uninstall" the usb 3.0 driver in the control panel "remove programs" i didn't have to cuz the new CPU has 3.0 and 2.0 hubs. it'll be nice when NI has the driver though
ye i know how u felt mate i just got my new pc an when it kept giving me blue screen i was gonna heabut my monitors lol . but till some1 wrote here it doesnt work with usb 3.0 i put it into my usb 2.0 an it works like a dream
Katharine Fattore
Originally Posted by wush786
wohoo its working!! thanks guys <3 . u did a better job of helping then Native support .... lol cheers again

you can also "uninstall" the usb 3.0 driver in the control panel "remove programs" i didn't have to cuz the new CPU has 3.0 and 2.0 hubs. it'll be nice when NI has the driver though
Mary Arbaugh
Originally Posted by djferken
The USB 3.0 inputs are probably blue.

So just put the S4 into one that ain't blue.
wohoo its working!! thanks guys <3 . u did a better job of helping then Native support .... lol cheers again
Joline Behymer
so in another words i cannot use the s4 on this pc at all? unless i install a 2.0 usb ports?
To my knowledge, it is impossible to "install a 2.0 USB port" on any computer as this is part of the motherboard and linked directly with the chipset. Also, using a USB hub or adapter will not work. Evidently though, Windows 8 will work with this problem, but you will either need a demo version or wait until it is released. But, after reading your last post, simply find out which ports are 2.0 and you should be in business.

Ryan
Joline Behymer

Not on all MOBO's or Alienware. Mine look exactly like 2.0's except there is a small 3.0 next to the USB trident symbol.
Mary Arbaugh
Originally Posted by Bedlam
Last I checked, driver updates will not work for the USB 3.0 conflict. Traktor and the Kontrol units aredesigned to be run on USB 2.0 andthe new standard uses a different way of "talking" that is not compatible with any DAW device such as Kontrol. I had the same problem with my new Alienware laptop about a month ago, but luckily my work around was using the ESATA combo port wich is USB 2.0 compliant.

For the record, this problem has also been affecting Macs that have only 3.0 inputs.

Ryan
so in another words i cannot use the s4 on this pc at all? unless i install a 2.0 usb ports?
Joline Behymer
which ones would i need to download? could you send me the link if poss?.
Last I checked, driver updates will not work for the USB 3.0 conflict. Traktor and the Kontrol units are designed to be run on USB 2.0 and the new standard uses a different way of "talking" that is not compatible with any DAW device such as Kontrol. I had the same problem with my new Alienware laptop about a month ago, but luckily my work around was using the ESATA combo port which is USB 2.0 compliant.

For the record, this problem has also been affecting Macs that have only 3.0 inputs.

Ryan
Mary Arbaugh
If you're plugging it into a USB3 port then you'll need to download specific drivers from NI's website.
Mary Arbaugh
Originally Posted by rsciangula
run the native instruments service center and make sure everything else is up-to-date. Are you running the latest version of traktor?

they are updated to the latest
Mary Arbaugh
hi guys i just got my new editing/music/gaming pc today

spec : i7 3820k
16gb ram
7970 3gb x2
120gb ssd hard drive
1tb 72000rpm hard drive

i installed the s4 driver & tracktor 2 software.
i load the software up it loads up but when i turn on my s4 so traktor can find it i get blue screen.
so afta i did a manual restart i left the s4 on believein this will help so the second i loaded up traktor2 i got Blue screen again ...

can any1 help me please? i even sent a support ticket to Native an i havent had a reply .

HELP!
Annalisa Shogren
Originally Posted by regaejnz
Sorry, I got it wrong. It's drivers for OSX 10.8, not USB3.
Deedee Decarli
Jenae Hensarling
If you're still having problems go buy a cheap pci/pci-x USB 2.0 card. Problem solved.
Mary Arbaugh
Originally Posted by elseanjuan

ye i know how u felt mate i just got my new pc an when it kept giving me blue screen i was gonna heabut my monitors lol . but till some1 wrote here it doesnt work with usb 3.0 i put it into my usb 2.0 an it works like a dream
Katharine Fattore

Mary Arbaugh

Joline Behymer
To my knowledge, it is impossible to "install a 2.0 USB port" on any computer as this is part of the motherboard and linked directly with the chipset. Also, using a USB hub or adapter will not work. Evidently though, Windows 8 will work with this problem, but you will either need a demo version or wait until it is released. But, after reading your last post, simply find out which ports are 2.0 and you should be in business.

Ryan
Joline Behymer

Not on all MOBO's or Alienware. Mine look exactly like 2.0's except there is a small 3.0 next to the USB trident symbol.
Dottie Tabet

Mary Arbaugh
ah hmm . just found out that my motherboard has 2x 2.0 ports an rest r 3.0 ports .. righttt now i goto find which 1's r the 2.0!!
Mary Arbaugh
Originally Posted by Bedlam
Last I checked, driver updates will not work for the USB 3.0 conflict. Traktor and the Kontrol units aredesigned to be run on USB 2.0 andthe new standard uses a different way of "talking" that is not compatible with any DAW device such as Kontrol. I had the same problem with my new Alienware laptop about a month ago, but luckily my work around was using the ESATA combo port wich is USB 2.0 compliant.

Ryan
Joline Behymer
Last I checked, driver updates will not work for the USB 3.0 conflict. Traktor and the Kontrol units are designed to be run on USB 2.0 and the new standard uses a different way of "talking" that is not compatible with any DAW device such as Kontrol. I had the same problem with my new Alienware laptop about a month ago, but luckily my work around was using the ESATA combo port which is USB 2.0 compliant.

Ryan
Mary Arbaugh
Mary Arbaugh
Originally Posted by rsciangula
run the native instruments service center and make sure everything else is up-to-date. Are you running the latest version of traktor?

they are updated to the latest
Annalisa Shogren
Evelynn Pennycook
Tatum Ansaldo
Wow, specs aren't lacking then...

Sorry I only do OSX. I'm sure someone will know though.

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy