Minor re-map S4?

Minor re-map S4?
Posted on: 22.10.2012 by Shan Bauerly
Anyone figured out how to have transport control while in browse mode of the S4?
Kecia Wnukowski
Originally Posted by Stewe
Who said anything about copy mode?

I don't believe he was saying about mapping where you can't see modifiers since re-mapping can be performed in the first place.

You are right for layers point but it all depends on which of transport controlls he need to use while in browser and there isn't much input on that.
I understood the question and answered correctly (I believe), the answer still stands as it is as long as the Op wants to still use the embedded mapping.

He will also have to use the integrated modifiers relating to the decks' states
Shan Bauerly
Anyone figured out how to have transport control while in browse mode of the S4?
Kecia Wnukowski
Mmmm, now with with 2.6 update, my answer may now change actually...^^
Kecia Wnukowski
Originally Posted by Stewe

I don't believe he was saying about mapping where you can't see modifiers since re-mapping can be performed in the first place.

You are right for layers point but it all depends on which of transport controlls he need to use while in browser and there isn't much input on that.
I understood the question and answered correctly (I believe), the answer still stands as it is as long as the Op wants to still use the embedded mapping.

He will also have to use the integrated modifiers relating to the decks' states
Shan Bauerly
Basic functions. Play, cue, sync. Just enough to keep the music going while browsing.
Kellie Myrum

Kecia Wnukowski
and that will be false as any buttons that relate to the browse button means you'll have to create also the modifier for the copy mode, and the two can't be true in the same mapping.

check which modifier is mapped by looking in little modifier slots in controller manager,
He talks about the s4 where you don't see the mapping right? Well it's not rocket science to create a toggling modifier, but he won't see anything in the embedded mapping.
As it's a 4 decks controller, he would also have to accommodate for modifiers relating to the deck layers, type of decks, decks buttons to change decks layers, shift and all the interactions between all those buttons of course.

Only if you want to map something that would be 'right'....but it cant' for the first reason I gave above.

But as those buttons don't have a function in browse mode, forget about the browse button and the copy mode, just create the following and you should be ok: As it's a 4 decks controller, he would also have to accommodate for modifiers relating to the deck layers, type of decks, decks buttons to change decks layers, shift and all the interactions between all those buttons of course.
I believe.
Kellie Myrum
Click brows knob, check which modifier is mapped by looking in little modifier slots in controller manager, map transport controls and dedicate proper modifier condition.
Shan Bauerly
Awesome. Will you elaborate for me, please?
Nedra Fresneda
It can be easily done by assigning a modifier activated by the browse button.

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy