What does Traktor 2.6 mean for us s4 users?

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: What does Traktor 2.6 mean for us s4 users?Reply
What does Traktor 2.6 mean for us s4 users?
Posted on: 25.10.2012 by Doug Bieling
I have read a comment that states the default mapping is now able to be overridden. True?

Anyone implemented flux control into a mapping?

Is post fader fx an option or just standard now?

Cheers
MMM
Oswaldo Appeldorn
Originally Posted by rayalon
It's very inconvenient to manually change the Flux parameter with the mouse.
Iv'e already did a few gigs with it. You'll often find yourself switching between the On/Off for Flux.
For example: if you want to juggle the hotcues - it can't be done in Flux mode (staying within a loop is also impossible within Flux).

I personally overridden the "Load" Buttons of each deck and mapped them to toggle between the Flux On/Off.
I do not miss the original state of those buttons, simply because it's easy loading a track using the headphones "CUE" burron while in "Browse" mode.
Iv'e attached the TSI mapping file for you to enjoy.
S4+loadbuttonsFLUX.tsi

Goodluck to you all,
Rotem Ayalon
Hum and you can only change song on browse mode then?! Right?!
Chance Depenbrock
Iv'e already did a few gigs with it. You'll often find yourself switching between the On/Off for Flux.
For example: if you want to juggle the hotcues - it can't be done in Flux mode (staying within a loop is also impossible within Flux).

I personally overridden the "Load" Buttons of each deck and mapped them to toggle between the Flux On/Off.
I do not miss the original state of those buttons, simply because it's easy loading a track using the headphones "CUE" burron while in "Browse" mode.
S4+loadbuttonsFLUX.tsi

Goodluck to you all,
Rotem Ayalon
nice one, thx!
Faustino Stringfellow

S4+loadbuttonsFLUX.tsi

Goodluck to you all,
Rotem Ayalon

I'm curious how did you get a copy before anyone else (to do a couple of gigs)?
Cecelia Simonis
Originally Posted by JSM
you just turn on FLUX for each deck you want it on, no mapping required.

You can also route the FX to post fader in this build.

S4+loadbuttonsFLUX.tsi

Goodluck to you all,
Rotem Ayalon
Donovan Mandy
Originally Posted by JSM
Do you mean there's already a button on the s4 that has been set to do this then?

edit: never mind, answered here: http://www.native-instruments.com/kn...factory+map%29
Dania Harmonson
Originally Posted by JSM
Nope it still crashes with the Audio4, Audio8 and S4 plugged into USB3. It's the exact same fault too ....

...thats all i can test ...
yep with the beta drivers no problem, but i don't know with the new 2.6, and i have a gig in a few hours xD, no way... for the next time
Faustino Stringfellow
Originally Posted by thepanache
What's the compatibility issue?

I thought all USB 3 ports backwards compatible with USB 2... Just curious
Nope it still crashes with the Audio4, Audio8 and S4 plugged into USB3. It's the exact same fault too ....

Syreeta Piela
Originally Posted by Morgraw
like it! now THE question, compatibility issue with usb 3? they have solved it?

Harley Zitka
the S4 mapping is updated? or you must make your own? (for one knob FX?)
You don't need to update anything. The macro effects can be loaded into a regular effect slot... control the parameters with the FX knob and dry/wet just like a regular effect.
Syreeta Piela
Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole

Cheers
MMM
Post FX can be toggled
Doug Bieling
I have read a comment that states the default mapping is now able to be overridden. True?

Anyone implemented flux control into a mapping?

Cheers
MMM
Royce Burkel
I don't use channels C and D so I mapped those buttons to toggle Flux mode. The loop-length push knob works great for playing with loops for buildups etc. I mapped the jog wheels to control the effects and the jog touch also activates bass kill so that I don't end up destroying bass bins or ears. The effect buttons under the effect knobs now cycle through the available effects.

This is the perfect setup for me. The override feature combined with flux mode, post fader effects, and the new macro effects make 2.6 an outstanding product IMO. It is pretty much perfect. I have no idea what they have planned for Traktor 3.0
Cecelia Simonis
You can only load in Browse mode, unless you cancal the Override.
I did a few gigs already because Iv'e worked with the prerelease of the 2.6 BETA version as well as the full release
Oswaldo Appeldorn

S4+loadbuttonsFLUX.tsi

Goodluck to you all,
Rotem Ayalon
Hum and you can only change song on browse mode then?! Right?!
Chance Depenbrock

S4+loadbuttonsFLUX.tsi

Goodluck to you all,
Rotem Ayalon
nice one, thx!
Faustino Stringfellow

S4+loadbuttonsFLUX.tsi

Goodluck to you all,
Rotem Ayalon

I'm curious how did you get a copy before anyone else (to do a couple of gigs)?
Cecelia Simonis
Originally Posted by JSM

S4+loadbuttonsFLUX.tsi

Goodluck to you all,
Rotem Ayalon
Donovan Mandy
Originally Posted by JSM
Do you mean there's already a button on the s4 that has been set to do this then?

edit: never mind, answered here: http://www.native-instruments.com/kn...factory+map%29
Celine Surico
Please do not go to gigs with 2.6, test it in your studio for a week...
Dania Harmonson
Originally Posted by JSM

yep with the beta drivers no problem, but i don't know with the new 2.6, and i have a gig in a few hours xD, no way... for the next time
Faustino Stringfellow

Faustino Stringfellow
Originally Posted by thepanache

Syreeta Piela

Doug Bieling
Can anyone confirm the fact about the default mapping?

Itching to get home and get downloading now!
Dania Harmonson
Harley Zitka
You don't need to update anything. The macro effects can be loaded into a regular effect slot... control the parameters with the FX knob and dry/wet just like a regular effect.
Dania Harmonson
Syreeta Piela
Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole

Cheers
MMM
Post FX can be toggled
Doug Bieling
ps ... can't search for "2.6" so please don't go nuts if there is another thread already.

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy