Few question on traktor 2.6 on the S4

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: Few question on traktor 2.6 on the S4Reply
Few question on traktor 2.6 on the S4
Posted on: 25.10.2012 by Garret Selstad
Hi i just downloaded traktor 2.6 and i have a few questions:
-> where can i set up macro effects ?
-> In the effect section what is the difference between "insert" and "post fader" and "send" ?
Michell Wehrmeyer
Originally Posted by YaYa
Well maybe because the autogain is automatically set to 1db and not 0 db anymore...

Oh and talking about autogainr: why don't i see it on the gain now (the virutal one): before when i put a music on a deck if the autogain went for exemple at -0.4 db but now i don't see anything ... it's just 0db... WHY ?
correct me if im wrong, but I don't believe a 1db gain increase will have a significant increase on his CPU load
Claire Auyeung

-> In the effect section what is the difference between "insert" and "post fader" and "send" ?

Insert effects = (Pre-Fader / most common)
The sound gets inserted to the FX units before it goes to the volume fader.
When the volume fader is down, all sounds are off.
This gives a constant effect level, even when you fade in/out.

Post fader = The sound goes to the fader first, then to the FX units,
so the effects are audible even when the volume fader is closed.
The more you rise the fader, the more effect you get.

Send = The sound is routed to an external output to be processed by other devices.

2.6 is surprisingly good!
Garret Selstad
Hi i just downloaded traktor 2.6 and i have a few questions:
-> where can i set up macro effects ?
Birgit Thomasson
I had the same problem, 2.6 seems to want to push a hell of a lot of data to the S4.

Go into settings, audio and select setting next to latency. This will open your S4 control panel, change your USB buffer to 3 and you shoul dbe ok.
Faustino Stringfellow
i noticed the same under my "office" partition, normally I do screen grabs, video etc. for tutorials ...but couldn't do anything yesterday without it maxing out the CPU and glitching badly. So I took the plunge and installed it onto my dedicated "play SSD" ....it's fine on there with everything turned off, it runs at the lowest latency.

This is a beast of a laptop so it's not raw CPU power, i guess something else is getting in on the act.

I would recommend running a latency/process monitor and seeing if something else is kicking in.
Garret Selstad
not the gain of the track... i'm talking about the main gain
Lillia Herston
messed with the gains, it doesnt have anything to do with it. It will be in the red as soon as I start up, no decks even loaded or playing.
Michell Wehrmeyer
Well maybe because the autogain is automatically set to 1db and not 0 db anymore...

Oh and talking about autogainr: why don't i see it on the gain now (the virutal one): before when i put a music on a deck if the autogain went for exemple at -0.4 db but now i don't see anything ... it's just 0db... WHY ?
correct me if im wrong, but I don't believe a 1db gain increase will have a significant increase on his CPU load
Garret Selstad

Lillia Herston
Man, everything works great, but my Load meter is constantly in the red now.... any tips on how to fix this so its not skipping and clipping and making terrible sounds?
Claire Auyeung

Insert effects = (Pre-Fader / most common)
The sound gets inserted to the FX units before it goes to the volume fader.
When the volume fader is down, all sounds are off.
This gives a constant effect level, even when you fade in/out.

Post fader = The sound goes to the fader first, then to the FX units,
so the effects are audible even when the volume fader is closed.
The more you rise the fader, the more effect you get.

Send = The sound is routed to an external output to be processed by other devices.

2.6 is surprisingly good!
Lillia Herston
under settings go to the effects tab, then you will see all of the macro effects (a little m by the name of the effect) in the box on the left. Click which ones you want (or all) and then click add. It will add them to your current list of effects you have.

Im still trying to figure out the insert, post fader, and send options myself right now

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy