Questions about Scratching with Traktor.

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: Questions about Scratching with Traktor.Reply
Questions about Scratching with Traktor.
Posted on: 15.11.2012 by Cristal Heaver
Hey, I've been Djiing for some time, I have a Kontrol S2 with traktor Pro 2 but I've always wanted to do some real scratching with turntables and stuff...
I'm believeing about buying turntables, I'd really like some Technics SL 1200 but I don't know if some other good turntables, maybe a bit cheaper exist. Do you know some?
Plus, I'd like to scratch with traktor and use the S2 as mixer for now before buying one, but I don't know If I can use the traktor scratch expansion kit with my S2, can I? or Should I directly buy a mixer?
Thanks for your help.
Cristal Heaver
Hey, I've been Djiing for some time, I have a Kontrol S2 with traktor Pro 2 but I've always wanted to do some real scratching with turntables and stuff...
I'm believeing about buying turntables, I'd really like some Technics SL 1200 but I don't know if some other good turntables, maybe a bit cheaper exist. Do you know some?
Plus, I'd like to scratch with traktor and use the S2 as mixer for now before buying one, but I don't know If I can use the traktor scratch expansion kit with my S2, can I? or Should I directly buy a mixer?
Thanks for your help.
Cristal Heaver
OK, here there anyone to advise me about the material. It appears that I already have an old Technics sl 1200 at home (from my father), I'll just have to buy a special "head" (don't know what you call it but in France it's this way)Should I buy another Tehcnics or some other brand?.
And what about the mixer?
Edwina Fagel
Indeed, you can use S2 as a 2 channel mixer + X1 for the decks with Audio 6.
Cristal Heaver
But if I buy the whole Traktor scratch pro 6 package, I can still use the S2 to control the cross fader... right?
Harley Zitka
S2 cannot be used with turntables... S4 can. Best bet is to pick up a proper mixer.

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy