CrossFader Curve - Please Help, not sure what I have done wrong.

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: CrossFader Curve - Please Help, not sure what I have done wrong.Reply
CrossFader Curve - Please Help, not sure what I have done wrong.
Posted on: 16.07.2011 by Roger Gomez
So I have created my user mapping for my S4 and Traktor Pro 2.03

Everything is working perfectly except for the cross fader curve.

I have mapped the X-Fader to Center.X-Fader with the "Direct" option.

I have mapped the X-Fader Curve to Front Cue Mix with the Shift modifier with Direct option.

The X-Fader Curve seems to be working properly as I have mapped output temporarily to the Level meter D to see if it is adjusting, and the level changes appropriately.

However, this seems to have no impact on the operation of the X-Fader, it only operates in a smooth fashion, regardless of the curve setting.

This also is the case for the Crossfader setting smooth to sharp in the mixer section of the preferences. It has no impact at all, always smooth, regardless of the slider position.

I have looked through all the options, manual etc, I can't find what I have done wrong. Can someone please tell me if I have missed something?

Thanks!
Roger Gomez
So I have created my user mapping for my S4 and Traktor Pro 2.03

Everything is working perfectly except for the cross fader curve.

I have mapped the X-Fader to Center.X-Fader with the "Direct" option.

I have mapped the X-Fader Curve to Front Cue Mix with the Shift modifier with Direct option.

The X-Fader Curve seems to be working properly as I have mapped output temporarily to the Level meter D to see if it is adjusting, and the level changes appropriately.

However, this seems to have no impact on the operation of the X-Fader, it only operates in a smooth fashion, regardless of the curve setting.

This also is the case for the Crossfader setting smooth to sharp in the mixer section of the preferences. It has no impact at all, always smooth, regardless of the slider position.

I have looked through all the options, manual etc, I can't find what I have done wrong. Can someone please tell me if I have missed something?

Thanks!
Mathilda Loeffel
Any update on this? It's happening the same for me on a brand new VCI-400. Curve adjusts in the software but no quick cutting in real life.
Darcey Mens
Nope, doesn't work that way on my setup :/
I'll try reinstalling my software or even installing a different version today..
Roger Gomez
Hi MaxOnBass,

Actually it had been working all the time, if you put two tracks on and check how the blend operates, you will see that the crossfader adjustment indeed changes the smoothness of the cut from smooth to switch, there just is no corresponding visual feedback in the software as the crossfader position matches the hardware position.

Not sure if that makes sense.

I was originally confused as in the previous version, the crossfader position on the screen also changed, not just the sound.
Darcey Mens
Any luck with it? Having the same problem here with my S2.
Roger Gomez
I suspected it may be a software thing.

I might try a re-install and if still no luck, I guess i'll have to log a support ticket with NI.

Thanks for your help

Edit - Reinstall did not help. I've logged a ticket with NI.
Charline Dye
It's not the mapping if you can watch the slider move in preferences from smooth to sharp. As I said before, this all happens in the software. So if the curve never really changes(even though the slider moves) the software isn't working correctly.
Roger Gomez
Hi VanGogo.

Thanks for your reply.

I tested and can confirm that changing the cue-mix does indeed change the Smooth Sharp setting in the mixer preferences panel as you would expect.

However, it doesn't effect the operation of the xfader itself, it remains in smooth mode. This is the case with both the default S4 mapping as well as my own user mapping.

Any ideas? or could this be a fault?

BTW, I also tried mapping the X-Fader to one of the other faders, to see if it makes any difference. However the same result occurs, the fader just moves in a smooth fashion, regardless of the curve setting.

The XFader setting is on direct, fader. I have also tried various combinations of the relative setting with the same result as above.
Charline Dye
Not sure what u have going on there. If you change it in preferences and it has no effect, something is wrong.
Since this all happens in the software, have you tried re-installing traktor? Did it work fine before your user mapping? When you change from smooth to sharp on your controller, does it change in preferences?

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy