Tempo doesnt change on deck header when moving pitch slider??

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: Tempo doesnt change on deck header when moving pitch slider??Reply
Tempo doesnt change on deck header when moving pitch slider??
Posted on: 16.12.2012 by Libbie Orion
i have been chasing one problem after another for the past couple days and i have a show to do in a matter of hours. This is getting rediculous so lets jjust talk about what is happening right now.

I have a track playing in deck A
its 127 BMP
i have it set as MASTER when it plays.

I have a ONE SHOT in Deck C and D
and another track in Deck B

ok so here is the deal

if i wanted to adjust the tempo in Deck A while its playing, i would move the pitch slider,
and the BMP would show a change in that Deck.... but not anymore.

I am moving the pitch slider for Deck A but i see the BMP or TEMPO changing for decks C & D
Now keep in mind that ALL other 3 decks are NOT playing

Deck A is set as Master
Deck B is set as (nothing because its not playing but it becomes master when i have Deck A off)
Deck C and D are remix decks and ONLY here they are set with SYNC because they are ONE SHOT samples.

Why cant i adjust the tempo on Deck A? or rather.... why is it not adjusting on the screen?
it obviously plays faster or slower when i move the pitch slider but i just dont see the change on the screen
Libbie Orion
i have been chasing one problem after another for the past couple days and i have a show to do in a matter of hours. This is getting rediculous so lets jjust talk about what is happening right now.

I have a track playing in deck A
its 127 BMP
i have it set as MASTER when it plays.

I have a ONE SHOT in Deck C and D
and another track in Deck B

ok so here is the deal

if i wanted to adjust the tempo in Deck A while its playing, i would move the pitch slider,
and the BMP would show a change in that Deck.... but not anymore.

I am moving the pitch slider for Deck A but i see the BMP or TEMPO changing for decks C & D
Now keep in mind that ALL other 3 decks are NOT playing

Deck A is set as Master
Deck B is set as (nothing because its not playing but it becomes master when i have Deck A off)
Deck C and D are remix decks and ONLY here they are set with SYNC because they are ONE SHOT samples.

Why cant i adjust the tempo on Deck A? or rather.... why is it not adjusting on the screen?
it obviously plays faster or slower when i move the pitch slider but i just dont see the change on the screen
Libbie Orion
@ VanGogo
i found the problem
i did a reinstall of drivers, and the deck headers reset to factury defaults. It was showing BPM and not current.
You were correct

@MoeHawk
Im not fully sure whats happened past few days.
A) i did notice i had a long list of TSI settings in the control panel to choose from
so today i went in and deleted ALL of them. Reinstalled S4 drivers which included the default TP2 settings
and i chose to use them along with a mapping for MF3D installed the correct way
while everything else was deleted.

I started to believe it was a conflict in mappings and that another mapping was still ACTIVE
so i just dropped everything and started over.
In light of that, i had to start my radio show 2 hours late toevening .

So much for decorating the tree lol
Alyce Southey
sounds like some kind of bad tsi, if you are having this issue and your other threads issue.

did you recently import a user made TSi from djtt or somewhere? or are you on stock NI maps?
Charline Dye
Do you have the deck header showing just the track's bpm? Or both the track's bpm and the current bpm of the deck?

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy