S4 USB port repair..

S4 USB port repair..
Posted on: 19.12.2012 by Terra Merigold
How much should this cost? I simply have a USB port that is loose from housing and causing connection issues.

I opened a ticket with NI.. they told me it will be a cheap and easy repair as long as I have the S4 serial registered.

Well... I bought it second hand, did not buy the software, don't know if I can track down the original owner.

So they gave me a price of $137 for repair + shipping both ways.

Seems a lot for a simple repair. What kind of BS is this that I have to pay more because I bought the unit second hand? I own Scratch software, S4, Maschine, Komplete Bundle, various other add on instruments + samples..... I am a big supporter of NI... but now very mad.

I posted this on NI community as well
Terra Merigold
How much should this cost? I simply have a USB port that is loose from housing and causing connection issues.

I opened a ticket with NI.. they told me it will be a cheap and easy repair as long as I have the S4 serial registered.

Well... I bought it second hand, did not buy the software, don't know if I can track down the original owner.

So they gave me a price of $137 for repair + shipping both ways.

Seems a lot for a simple repair. What kind of BS is this that I have to pay more because I bought the unit second hand? I own Scratch software, S4, Maschine, Komplete Bundle, various other add on instruments + samples..... I am a big supporter of NI... but now very mad.

I posted this on NI community as well
Clare Dawidowicz
hi drew
just found this for you ..
this should help...
if not maybe something maybe near to the thing your looking for.....

http://uk.mouser.com/Connectors/USB-...ors/_/N-88hmf/

regards
andy

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy