Skipping Issue On Tracks W/ Cue Points - Traktor 2.6

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: Skipping Issue On Tracks W/ Cue Points - Traktor 2.6Reply
Skipping Issue On Tracks W/ Cue Points - Traktor 2.6
Posted on: 28.12.2012 by Essie Phillabaum
Running 10.8.2 on a Macbook Pro Mid 2010 2.4 GHZ 4 GB Memory
Running Traktor 2.6 w/ latest S4 Driver installed

Issue: In Traktor 2.6 I've gone through and set Cue Points 1-8 on tracks that i am planning on playing out. I use iTunes to access my collection/playlists in Traktor. When playing these songs with or without the S4 attached the track will skip randomly. I'm syncing off of the master clock.

Example: Play track with no set cue points through tractor...no issues. Set 8 cue points at different points in track. Clear deck...reload same track but now w/ cue points set. Track will begin to skip randomly.

I have verified with multiple tracks and this ONLY happens on tracks that i have set up Cue Points. Tracks that have no set Cue Points do not have the same issue. Has anybody run across the same problem? Anybody have a recommended solution? Cue Points are a large part of my track prep for sets and i need to be able to use them. The only thing i can consider at this point is a fresh install.

Any help would be appreciated!
Essie Phillabaum
That makes a ton of sense. I just went through and did a fresh install of 2.6 but haven't tested it yet. Gonna try your suggestion & see how that goes!

Originally Posted by DJ SyT
Maybe you have set "Store Beatmarker as Hotcue" in the "File Management" Section in the Preferences. And when you delete this marker you also remove the existing beatgrid.

And when you sync your Track to the Master Clock then Traktor can't keep that in correct time because the Gridmarkers are not set right.

Try to remove this Option in the Preferences and Analyze the Track again (To Autoset the Beatgrid)

Maybe that could be the reason.
Essie Phillabaum
Running 10.8.2 on a Macbook Pro Mid 2010 2.4 GHZ 4 GB Memory
Running Traktor 2.6 w/ latest S4 Driver installed

Issue: In Traktor 2.6 I've gone through and set Cue Points 1-8 on tracks that i am planning on playing out. I use iTunes to access my collection/playlists in Traktor. When playing these songs with or without the S4 attached the track will skip randomly. I'm syncing off of the master clock.

Example: Play track with no set cue points through tractor...no issues. Set 8 cue points at different points in track. Clear deck...reload same track but now w/ cue points set. Track will begin to skip randomly.

I have verified with multiple tracks and this ONLY happens on tracks that i have set up Cue Points. Tracks that have no set Cue Points do not have the same issue. Has anybody run across the same problem? Anybody have a recommended solution? Cue Points are a large part of my track prep for sets and i need to be able to use them. The only thing i can consider at this point is a fresh install.

Any help would be appreciated!
Essie Phillabaum
That makes a ton of sense. I just went through and did a fresh install of 2.6 but haven't tested it yet. Gonna try your suggestion & see how that goes!

Originally Posted by DJ SyT
Maybe you have set "Store Beatmarker as Hotcue" in the "File Management" Section in the Preferences. And when you delete this marker you also remove the existing beatgrid.

And when you sync your Track to the Master Clock then Traktor can't keep that in correct time because the Gridmarkers are not set right.

Try to remove this Option in the Preferences and Analyze the Track again (To Autoset the Beatgrid)

Winnifred Louderman

Essie Phillabaum
A little more info as i continue to troubleshoot this.

Example: Load a track that has the only the "1" cue point set at the load marker by default. Play track from beginning to end with no issues. Remove the "1" cue point from the load marker. Play track through again. Skipping begins. Whether or not i reset the "1" cue point doesn't seem to matter. The skipping begins when the "1" cue point is cleared from the load marker. I'm still troubleshooting through this. Just wondering if anybody has had a similar experience!

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy