Using kontrol s2 and x1 to control 4 decks in traktor...?

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: Using kontrol s2 and x1 to control 4 decks in traktor...?Reply
Using kontrol s2 and x1 to control 4 decks in traktor...?
Posted on: 06.06.2012 by Spring Kolke
Hey there I am in the midst of moving and I am getting rid of my old bulky cdjs and already sold my mixer two weeks ago on here. I still have traktor with a soundcard (dont know if thats relevant) and an x1. I am believeing I want to just get the kontrol s2 instead of the s4 and THEN use the x1 to control the other two sample decks. I had seen something on here or NI website months ago stating this and I was just wondering if it was possible before I spend the money. S2 + x1 + laptop controlling 4 decks would be money hopefully it would just take some mapping or something. Let me know!!!!
Spring Kolke
Originally Posted by wordsinsound
Just ordered mine.. fired up to get the s2 and x1 side by side.. thanks for the info..
Yeah dude I get paid friday and I am ordering mine did you get it off of DJTT or where did you order it?
Spring Kolke
Originally Posted by jayo
Yes they will work seamlessly together. That is my exact workflow, and there is native mappings for the two to compliment each other. There are many other mappings you can find which will allow the two to handle the tasks you want. Im cool with the native mappings myself.
Awesome dude that is exactly what I want to hear, keep an eye on your inbox I am going to buy the s2 in the next day or two!!!!

I will contact you about the mappings etc I appreciate the reply to the thread
Spring Kolke
Hey there I am in the midst of moving and I am getting rid of my old bulky cdjs and already sold my mixer two weeks ago on here. I still have traktor with a soundcard (dont know if thats relevant) and an x1. I am believeing I want to just get the kontrol s2 instead of the s4 and THEN use the x1 to control the other two sample decks. I had seen something on here or NI website months ago stating this and I was just wondering if it was possible before I spend the money. S2 + x1 + laptop controlling 4 decks would be money hopefully it would just take some mapping or something. Let me know!!!!
Claire Auyeung
No you don't need another soundcard, just an S2 is enough for all the audio you'll ever need, so get the X1.
There are plenty good S2 and X1 mappings out here that you can use without any problem. so pick one.
Ellis Plischke
looking for the answer to this^ anyone?
believeing of picking up an x1 as well, waiting for my s2 to arrive, and Im wondering if i'll need an external soundcard if I want to use both
Venus Wilt
So, to have this setup we don't need an external soundcard, right? i can just use s2 and x1 to control 4 decks?
Nedra Fresneda
I used to mix on that setup, this is my take on the matter. http://www.traktorbible.com/freaks/m...ew.aspx?id=199
Spring Kolke
Originally Posted by wordsinsound
Just ordered mine.. fired up to get the s2 and x1 side by side.. thanks for the info..
Yeah dude I get paid friday and I am ordering mine did you get it off of DJTT or where did you order it?
Myrna Hostak
Spring Kolke
Originally Posted by jayo
Yes they will work seamlessly together. That is my exact workflow, and there is native mappings for the two to compliment each other. There are many other mappings you can find which will allow the two to handle the tasks you want. Im cool with the native mappings myself.
Awesome dude that is exactly what I want to hear, keep an eye on your inbox I am going to buy the s2 in the next day or two!!!!

I will contact you about the mappings etc I appreciate the reply to the thread
Evie Baghdasarian

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy