S4 Fader Slider Problems

S4 Fader Slider Problems
Posted on: 20.12.2011 by Sadie Steager
Hi guys,

Since I've purchased my S4, I've only done 4 gigs at weddings. The S4 is only used for the last hour of those gigs,

Since Mid November I started as resident DJ at a small club. I don't leave my stuff there. I pack up everything every evening.
My S4 has a bag with padding that was made for it.

The past weekend was the real test for the S4. 3 evening in a row from 10pm to 4am.

Now I DJ very conservativein the sense of not banging sliders up and down. It's an expensive piece of gear and needs to last me at least 3 years.

Well, my deck A slider started acting funny. I bring it up for the mix and while settling it and bring deck B down it automatically starts to slide down on the software and bring the volume down.

When it's down it goes live by itself.

I've sent an email to Zach and NI but was hoping it's something with the software.

I reloaded the software did a calibration again, but no luck.

Anyone here that can help???? Please

Is there a way I can swap the decks and make deck C the default in place of deck A in the mean time.

Thank you.
Rasheeda Murison
i
Rasheeda Murison
Same problem here, suddenly in fader A, then i
Rasheeda Murison
i
Rasheeda Murison
Rasheeda Murison
i
Rasheeda Murison
Rasheeda Murison
i
Rasheeda Murison
Rasheeda Murison
i
Rasheeda Murison
Ryan Schlich
Well the first thing I noticed on the s4 was the bad faders and how stiff they are.
I used to play on a Rane ttm57 so its a HUGE difference. But I can live with it since I like the s4 so much.

Im just hoping this doesnt happen to me. Goodluck.
Rasheeda Murison
i
Ryan Schlich
This is a huge problem with the s4 that has been discussed many times before.

Poorly built faders. Dust is usually the main cause.

I bought an s4 recently, fully aware of these problems. But I protect my s4 from dust. I dont let other people touch it. and I trust that DJTT and NI will help me if I ever run into this widely occurring issue.
Rasheeda Murison
Teddy Dellapenta
I had the same issue, I rebuy insurance/warrenty every year from Long-Mcquade (Canada)

They sent it back to NI and they could not fix the issue so I got a replacement from NI, new in box!!

$40 a year, in store replacement if it needs to be sent off to NI
Federico Vilas
this is exactly why I will never go completely digital, you don't have to worry about this problem with an analog mixer
Adil Laresh
I have the same problem but put some sticky tape on one end of the slider, the tape keeps getting pushed back but works 95% of the time as long as I don't slam the slides.

Slide is Deck A but happens at the bottom volume end and not the top. Definitely needs like a hardware issue and the fader needs replacing. I got around it with the tape who haven't bothered complaining about it..
Wilbert Kulczak
I had this exact same issue, was definitely a hardware problem. Had my unit refurbed by NI and haven't had an issue since it's been fixed ~4 months.
Sadie Steager
Hi Guys,

Sorry I've been very busy and not around on the community at all.
Did you guys get your problem sorted out.

I met up with a guy on my facebook page, same problem, he ended up replacing his.

I found one thing to be cause of the fader problem. The headphone jack. Loosen the little thingy that tightens it up.
If it's too tight it seems to make it worse.

I couldn't afford being without mine going all the way back from SA to NI.

Hope you all are sorted.
Sliders will probably be available to replace.

Cheers!
Khadijah Wojtach
My problem seems to have gotten better than it was the first time i posted about the problem. I believe a combo of calibration and time somehow fixed it.
Garry Bigaouette
I never had this probem and its started happening now all of a sudden!? what is the solution? A firmware update? can that be done?
Chase Colyar
I had a similar problem but realized the autoplay function in Traktor was on. Since then no prob and I use the line faders all the time.
Hyman Bordenkircher
IT IS indeed very strange same problem.. a lot of people but what to do i tryed traktor 2.0.3 2.1.2 and the problmes is the same i tryed on mac os lion and on windows 7.. so i believe its not the software...
robin loo
i had the problem too. but only twice.. bit strange that just now everybody seems to have the same problem..

i will probably just send the unit to NI.
Hyman Bordenkircher
i have also the same problem on fader A when i put it down the software goes up till 50%or something and down by it self and up again... shame.. i cant belive it.. my s4 is like new.. i am so sad..
Kayhan Polat
I also have this problem on deck B. My temporary solution is to wedge a small piece of paper; so when you max the volume from the fader, the fader hits the paper rather than the very top part of the volume. But in Traktor, it will still show it as max volume.
Sadie Steager
Just finished my final test to rule out software.
Installed traktor on my desktop I7 Windows pc and on spare Laptop.

Both of them has the same problem.

Can only be hardware now.

Switched to deck C & D in the mean while but it just feels wrong.
At least I had a good practice run today so I should be ok. My hands just want to automate to the deck A & B Sliders.

Still waiting for NI to get back.
Sadie Steager
It's my Deck A and recalibrate does not help.
I've had an email from NI saying that I should rename the settings and run traktor to basically set it up again.
Normal technical stuf that anyone with a bit of IT knowledge would do as first option to cancel out software failure.

It's definately on the S4.
I read up and NI had similar problems on these units from other people.

I'm waiting for a response again after the last email.

I was hoping some one here could guide me to setup my deck C as my Deck A so I can at least play this weekend.

This is suppose to be the TOP of the range from NI. Sure enough expensive enough but I'm worried about this.

My unit has doen very few gigs and it's my baby.

Would hate to see expensive repairs as an isue.
Nedra Fresneda
Try recalibrating the faders in Traktor's preferences
Khadijah Wojtach
I came here to post the exact same problem. It's deck B on my S4 that's the problem though.

Edit: It's the volume slide btw, not the crossfader if anyone should be confused

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy