Use s4 on midi mode

Use s4 on midi mode
Posted on: 03.12.2010 by Oswaldo Appeldorn
Hey i'm very interested for the midi mode, but i would like to know how to use it with an other software like soundboard plz???
Help me i had tried with the controller editor but it don't want to work on it.
Bradford Drobek
Originally Posted by Wate0rman
The controller editor will give you the channel assignments and such.
Hi, i am looking for S4 to Virtual DJ mapping .
Bradford Drobek
Originally Posted by Dystopic
Either you're not doing it correctly, didn't install your drivers correctly or you have a defective unit (which I doubt).

When you switch modes, the LEDs should change dramatically. I know this works because I've already mapped the S4 to Virtual DJ using midi mode.
Hi, Is it possible for you to send the mapping? my id is [email protected]. Thanks
Oswaldo Appeldorn
Hey i'm very interested for the midi mode, but i would like to know how to use it with an other software like soundboard plz???
Help me i had tried with the controller editor but it don't want to work on it.
Bradford Drobek
Originally Posted by Wate0rman
Hi, i am looking for S4 to Virtual DJ mapping .
Bradford Drobek
Originally Posted by Dystopic
Either you're not doing it correctly, didn't install your drivers correctly or you have a defective unit (which I doubt).

When you switch modes, the LEDs should change dramatically. I know this works because I've already mapped the S4 to Virtual DJ using midi mode.
Hi, Is it possible for you to send the mapping? my id is [email protected]. Thanks
Oswaldo Appeldorn
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/soundboard/

Here the software try it then willl know what i'm talking about.
Oswaldo Appeldorn
no it don't light on....
Leeanna Ayla
Yes, when you switch the S4 to midi mode and press something on the controller does the ctrl light come on in the software. It's at the top near the center.
Oswaldo Appeldorn
doyou mean when i'm on midi mode.....?
Leeanna Ayla
Also check the controller editor in the native instruments application folder. You can switch what messages the controller sends out in there.
Leeanna Ayla
Are you trying to map certain things in Soundboard to the controller? If you turn midi on while the S4 software is running does the ctrl light come on when you press a button or move something?
Oswaldo Appeldorn
yes my leds changed but the soundboard software don't reconize the s4 midi key...
Dannie Widlak

Oswaldo Appeldorn
That's what i already did, but it don't work... plz help^^
Dannie Widlak
You have to switch to midi mode first. On your S4, hit "shift" + "browse" buttons. This will change the device to Midi Mode, and you should then be able to map the controls to any program that can work with midi controllers.

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy