Roll back Traktor to previous version?

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: Roll back Traktor to previous version?Reply
Roll back Traktor to previous version?
Posted on: 27.05.2012 by Rudolph Garate
This 2.5 is a utter mess...I am on a mac how can I safely roll back to the previous version?
Evie Baghdasarian
Originally Posted by netmikey
Traktor 2.5 was driving me nuts, too. The fact that the sample decks (or "remix decks") automatically synced each new smaple dragged into them (without the option of disabling that behavior) was a pita.
Moreover, on my Mac Pro, there were regular audio drop-offs (1/10 sec or so). Often (but not only) when I dragged a new track in the other deck. They were really freezes, cause both decks stopped playing... being live on air while that happens several times an hour => awful!

So here's how you go back on the Mac: Go to Applications/Native Instruments/Traktor 2/Backup. You'll find your old Traktor 2.1.2 (R12125).app". Just replace Applications/Native Instruments/Traktor 2/Traktor.app with that one and you're good to go

best regards,
Mike

I have the exact opposite problem. Since 2.5 I cannot get my sample decks to sink to either of my tracks decks. Can anyone shed a little bit of light on this?
Sorry I know it's off topic.
Sammie Tollen
Originally Posted by VanGogo
There isn't a roll back button. I don't know how Macs do it, but in PCs there is a NI folder in documents that has the settings and collection, etc. The actual program is not in that folder. The different program versions are in a back up folder in the NI folder under Programs. You just click the previous version and it runs as usual. No need to uninstall 2.5.
Traktor 2.5 was driving me nuts, too. The fact that the sample decks (or "remix decks") automatically synced each new smaple dragged into them (without the option of disabling that behavior) was a pita.
Moreover, on my Mac Pro, there were regular audio drop-offs (1/10 sec or so). Often (but not only) when I dragged a new track in the other deck. They were really freezes, cause both decks stopped playing... being live on air while that happens several times an hour => awful!

So here's how you go back on the Mac: Go to Applications/Native Instruments/Traktor 2/Backup. You'll find your old Traktor 2.1.2 (R12125).app". Just replace Applications/Native Instruments/Traktor 2/Traktor.app with that one and you're good to go

best regards,
Mike
Dena Chinn
Originally Posted by fuzz
This 2.5 is a utter mess...I am on a mac how can I safely roll back to the previous version?
Apple Time Machine?
Sylvia Greener
Ok dumb question but why cant I find Traktor's help menu?
In the upper left corner of the Traktor window
Rudolph Garate
Originally Posted by RockingClub
Setup wizard in Traktor's "help menu"?

Rudolph Garate
Alyce Southey
make sure sync button is on for the deck and it should be sync'd. mine does it no problems.
Evie Baghdasarian
Originally Posted by netmikey

best regards,
Mike

I have the exact opposite problem. Since 2.5 I cannot get my sample decks to sink to either of my tracks decks. Can anyone shed a little bit of light on this?
Sorry I know it's off topic.
Ranae Selck
Thanks Karlos. I will give that a shot
nayit ruiz jaramillo
They wont be. That version stopped being updated from the day you stopped using it.

If you wish to use an older build you should import the collection from the last time you used Traktor from the newer build. You should also copy over the stripes / Transients folders and History if you need it.

Run consistency checker and analyse/relocate any tracks that have gone astray in the process.
Ranae Selck
I opened an older backup version on y Mac, but none of the tracks I imported since that version were in the collection.
Sammie Tollen
Originally Posted by VanGogo
There isn't a roll back button. I don't know how Macs do it, but in PCs there is a NI folder in documents that has the settings and collection, etc. The actual program is not in that folder. The different program versions are in a back up folder in the NI folder under Programs. You just click the previous version and it runs as usual. No need to uninstall 2.5.

best regards,
Mike
Elmer Kindinger
Dragging up an old thread instead of creating a new one...

I'm believeing of doing this from 2.5 but I've not long used an S4 Scratch upgrade serial to upgrade from Pro 2 to Scratch Pro 2, this won't be effected in the roll back will it?
Dena Chinn
Apple Time Machine?
Charline Dye
Jolynn Schroyer
Yep this is confusing....
Rudolph Garate
OK but I don't see where it gives you the option to go back to previous version
Sylvia Greener
In the upper left corner of the Traktor window
Rudolph Garate
Originally Posted by RockingClub

Sylvia Greener
Jolynn Schroyer
I need the same thing. I have the 2.1.2 folder but can't figure out how to roll back.

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy