Chroma caps for the S4

Chroma caps for the S4
Posted on: 16.01.2013 by Kayce Halliwill
Hello! My order of Chroma Caps for my S4 just came. I can easily lift the faders off of the controller, but it is much harder to pull off the knobs. I really dont want to use excessive force to pull them off in fear of damaging the S4. does anyone know how to properly put on the knobs? thanks for your help.
Monserrate Rupnow
LOL, THANK YOU! Those are the Red and regular Orange.

I felt like an idiot because I was looking at the same picture as you most likely:

and I couldn't tell which was supposed to be orange and which was bright orange either. The first design I made used all three, and the bright orange were WAY too bright in comparison, they almost looked pink at times they glowed so bright.

IMG_0062.jpg

Definitely not the look I was going for, so I got some red faders instead and now it's much better. Toned down enough during the day, but still more than visible in a dark booth.
Kayce Halliwill
Hello! My order of Chroma Caps for my S4 just came. I can easily lift the faders off of the controller, but it is much harder to pull off the knobs. I really dont want to use excessive force to pull them off in fear of damaging the S4. does anyone know how to properly put on the knobs? thanks for your help.
Wiley Pollastrini
Ha! Exactly what I was looking at! Your theme is exactly what I was looking at doing also. I wish they made an "endless" knob to finish out the loop, browse and gain knobs.
Monserrate Rupnow
LOL, THANK YOU! Those are the Red and regular Orange.

I felt like an idiot because I was looking at the same picture as you most likely:

and I couldn't tell which was supposed to be orange and which was bright orange either. The first design I made used all three, and the bright orange were WAY too bright in comparison, they almost looked pink at times they glowed so bright.

IMG_0062.jpg

Definitely not the look I was going for, so I got some red faders instead and now it's much better. Toned down enough during the day, but still more than visible in a dark booth.
Wiley Pollastrini
Tare, what 2 colors are you using there?
i LOVE the look of the photo of the z2 that DJTT has in the chroma cap images and i wanted to replicate that but was unsure of the 2 color knobs they used?

orange & red OR bright orange & orange?
Monserrate Rupnow
Butter knife and piece of thin cardboard here, worked great

Actually, the bright orange knobs were TOO bright, they almost look neon pink compared to the red and orange, so I removed them hoping I can send them back and swap for red knobs and faders for the C and D decks.

Valery Ellick
I used a spoon and a terry cloth. Easy peasy.
Alphonso Deitchman
Using tools will not reduce the force needed to remove the knobs, they just reduce the force required from you.
You can easily cause scratches or bend plastic without even realising if you use levering actions e.g. with a screwdriver.

If you are worried about damaging your controller I would suggest you keep trying carefully by hand, that way you apply relatively equal pressure to the whole knob, not just on one side like a screwdriver or knife would.
The S4 knobs aren't locked down by any means so should come off safely with appropriately applied force.
Delena Katherman
Relax, a flat head screwdriver works absolutely fine. You're not near any "electronics". You're just gently twisting the thing, and a sheet of paper is all you need to protect the top of the S4. In fact, you can take just a butter knife and wiggle it off gently (with no paper!) without any damage if you really want to. No need to panic.
Libbie Orion
GOOD GOD PEOPLE STOP THIS MADNESS!!!! lol
im sorry but im REALLY anal when it comes to sharp edges and any technology

please stikfigure6 DO NOT USE a flat screwdriver.PLEASE!!!! because even with that, you are going to get some lateral torquing.

You do not want to hAVE any sideways movement

instead of a flat driver goto the kitchen and get a SMALL spoon or even a TEA spoon.

get just the tip of it under the knob
give it a light lift
once it moves, slide the spoon in ANYTIME you can get deeper

Using a spoon will give you vertical movement
as opposed to with a screwdriver, you are going to "bend" the post that the knob is resting on.

I actually took a spoon and bent the tip of it to an even sharper angle so its almost like an L shape

this way i was able to get exact vertical movement and each knob slipped right off
Harley Zitka
A flat head screwdriver will do the trick... slide a piece of paper underneath to keep from scratching the surface. Just twist it carefully back and forth until it releases.

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy