Is it possible to controll ABLETON with S2?

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: Is it possible to controll ABLETON with S2?Reply
Is it possible to controll ABLETON with S2?
Posted on: 03.06.2012 by Sharmaine Pellino
Hey,

I'd love to control certain functions with th S2.
But if I folow the movie (how to midi map in ableton), it just doesn't work.

Anyone some help?

Thx!
Sharmaine Pellino
Originally Posted by padi_04
Ok, that side is good. Open Traktor and go to your S2 tab, check that switching to MIDI isn't disabled.
Worked!
Thank you very much mate
Sharmaine Pellino
Originally Posted by mmullen68
Have you thought about using traktor and ableton together by syncing them? The s2, iMo is gonna be better with traktor considering it was designed for it but this way you could still use some ableton features but do the mixing in traktor. are you considering using ableton to DJ over traktor? if so I would say buy an apc40 or apc20 and a seperate controller with some knobs.
I'm djing with traktor, but it's just to have some knobs when I'm producing
Thx tough for the info!
Sharmaine Pellino
Mind posting a screenshot of your Ableton's MIDI window
There you go pal

Midi.jpg

Thanks!
Sharmaine Pellino
edit: sorry, you need to press both shift buttons with the S2 to enter MIDI mode.
Doesn't work either
Sharmaine Pellino
Prest shift+browse to put the S2 in MIDI mode
While you are in ableton?
Doesnt seem to work for me..
Sharmaine Pellino
Hey,

I'd love to control certain functions with th S2.
But if I folow the movie (how to midi map in ableton), it just doesn't work.

Anyone some help?

Thx!
Gaylord Lomerson
nobody find a mapping of S2 to use Ableton?
Darwin Roozeboom
Easy! Press shift+browse which will put the Traktor S2 into MIDI mode. Would possibly recommend getting another midi device to help activate the tracks rather than using the mouse. Korg nano pad will do it but maybe consider the F1 possibly.
Tanner Stuhlman
I believe that you need to set the kontrol S2 under the control surfaces as one of them. Then it should work. A lot of times though i find that I need to open controller editor and then ableton will start picking up midi from the S2. But it can work, I've done it before.

If when the S2 is sending midi to ableton it'll flash a little yellow box in the upper right corner when you use press a button, twist a knob, or use a fader.
Sharmaine Pellino
Ok, that side is good. Open Traktor and go to your S2 tab, check that switching to MIDI isn't disabled.
Worked!
Thank you very much mate
Sharmaine Pellino
Originally Posted by mmullen68
Have you thought about using traktor and ableton together by syncing them? The s2, iMo is gonna be better with traktor considering it was designed for it but this way you could still use some ableton features but do the mixing in traktor. are you considering using ableton to DJ over traktor? if so I would say buy an apc40 or apc20 and a seperate controller with some knobs.
I'm djing with traktor, but it's just to have some knobs when I'm producing
Thx tough for the info!
Kareen Kreft
Nedra Fresneda
Sharmaine Pellino
There you go pal

Midi.jpg

Thanks!
Nedra Fresneda
Addie Engbrecht
I don't use Ableton but I'm guessing once the S2 is in MIDI mode you can map the controls on the S2 in Ableton. So basically, you still need to tell Ableton what you want each button on the S2 before anything actually happens.
Sharmaine Pellino
edit: sorry, you need to press both shift buttons with the S2 to enter MIDI mode.
Doesn't work either
Nedra Fresneda
Sharmaine Pellino
While you are in ableton?
Doesnt seem to work for me..
Nedra Fresneda

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS