Traktor S2 and sound issues..

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: Traktor S2 and sound issues..Reply
Traktor S2 and sound issues..
Posted on: 04.12.2012 by Katrice Steenblik
At the beginning of November, I received word of an update for Traktor pro (which i got with my S2).

since that update, and the new FX, Ive experienced a few quirky problems.

the Main problem i'm having, seems to be with cuing/ and prepping a song.
example:
- Deck A is my master track, now all my faders are set to deck A, the rest are at 0. Now whatever I'm doing on deck B, be it beatmatching, cuing, finding that "perfect drop"... whatever I'm doing on Deck B seems to come through my speakers, now I'm rather new on Traktor, but I've never seen(heard) this ever... i dont know what is going on lol

the second problem
-popping and hissing, whenever I load up a VFX, not while the effect is playing, just on the initial load of the effect.

I'm going to uninstall and reinstall it today, in hopes that it 'fixes' my problems..
---
I have had the tops of the jog wheels come off- live set, and had to recalibrate- live... which sucks.

all in all i love the s2, and its great for beginners.

if someone can help- much obliged.
Katrice Steenblik
At the beginning of November, I received word of an update for Traktor pro (which i got with my S2).

since that update, and the new FX, Ive experienced a few quirky problems.

the Main problem i'm having, seems to be with cuing/ and prepping a song.
example:
- Deck A is my master track, now all my faders are set to deck A, the rest are at 0. Now whatever I'm doing on deck B, be it beatmatching, cuing, finding that "perfect drop"... whatever I'm doing on Deck B seems to come through my speakers, now I'm rather new on Traktor, but I've never seen(heard) this ever... i dont know what is going on lol

the second problem
-popping and hissing, whenever I load up a VFX, not while the effect is playing, just on the initial load of the effect.

I'm going to uninstall and reinstall it today, in hopes that it 'fixes' my problems..
---
I have had the tops of the jog wheels come off- live set, and had to recalibrate- live... which sucks.

all in all i love the s2, and its great for beginners.

if someone can help- much obliged.
Many Farnsley
I am new to the community here as well but glad to give some sort of input. Let me know what you find out or what works if you dont mind...good luck.
Katrice Steenblik
wow thanks EVERYONE!!!... this is my first ever successful thread in a community since the history of .com...
most MUSIC/ARTSY nerds (like us) are quite snobby and ELITEist and troll like.
just have any kind of response though is quite awesome, thank you.
Many Farnsley
This sounds like the problem i was having too with my s2. I have only had it for 2 weeks. One of the things i found that helped from watching youtube is to switch effects from group to single, switch off multiple core processing in your settings. And to lower the sample settings make sure output latency is lower then 10 ms. So I had to lower my sample settings to 96 samples and i now have usb buffer to 2 ms. I have a very occasional skipp studder but deffinitely not as bad as what it was. Hope this may help you too. Good luck...
Katrice Steenblik
never got it working- i just fade up/down before i push play on selected track
Layne Koop
Bump.

Did you ever get this worked out? If so, what was the issue?
Layne Koop
What connection on the back of the S2 is going to your speakers, the "main" 1/4" connectors, or the "booth" RCA connectors? What position is the "Booth<->Main" switch on the back of the S2?

How is the audio routing setup in the Preferences->Output Routing page?

I am guessing that at least one of those is messed up.
Elvin Auda
what is the specs on your pc that your running traktor on
Katrice Steenblik
i still shake my head... what a noob. lol
Katrice Steenblik
ps.
i've been Djing for 4 months.
yeah. a noob.
please help

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.