How to set one shot samples?

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: How to set one shot samples?Reply
How to set one shot samples?
Posted on: 20.02.2013 by Letisha Laugen
Im new to djing but basically i have the s2 set up with traktor pro 2. I cant figure out how to set one drop samples in my sample decks. When i set sample up it just loops it over and over and i know there has to be a toggle for it to play kind of like a cue point. Any feed back would be appreciated and I'm open to any techniques you have for me. Thanks!!!
Letisha Laugen
Im new to djing but basically i have the s2 set up with traktor pro 2. I cant figure out how to set one drop samples in my sample decks. When i set sample up it just loops it over and over and i know there has to be a toggle for it to play kind of like a cue point. Any feed back would be appreciated and I'm open to any techniques you have for me. Thanks!!!
Charline Dye
On your first problem, it sounds like your cross fader assignments are either off or switched around. Couldn't really tell from your description.
On your second problem, you have Traktor set to use its own tempo as the master, not the decks.

To solve both problems, you need to read your manual. Just so you know, I'm not trying to be a dick. i am trying to give you the best advice I can to help you out.
There is an S4 manual and a Traktor manual btw. I know it sounds boring, but to learn the software and hardware, you need to go through them. It takes time, but less time than asking on the community and waiting for answers. I realize this is new to you. We have all been there and are happy to help, but you really need to help yourself with the information you already have.

If you get stuck or don't understand something, feel free to PM me.
Letisha Laugen
Alright thanks for the help i got it to switch to one shots mode. But now when i play the one shot it plays over both decks. Is there a way i set it up to only play on deck A so i can cut it off with the crossfader. Im also having problems with the sync mode. Both sync the 120.01. For example i want to sync two songs that are 140 BPM and 143 BPM but when i hit the sync button it automatically syncs both to 120.01.
Charline Dye
Two ways you can change from looped to one shot. Right click the sample in the Traktor browser, or click the loop symbol that's on the sample slot.
The Traktor manual has all the answers you need and more. You can find it by clicking Help when not in full screen.

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy