How to change the crossfader to do cut or scratch mode ?

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: How to change the crossfader to do cut or scratch mode ?Reply
How to change the crossfader to do cut or scratch mode ?
Posted on: 31.01.2013 by Cleotilde Dodsworth
Sometimes some DJ use the crossfader to cut one track for scratching, or
Mixing. For example in virtual dj you can set the mode of the crossfader, where can I do that in traktor pro 2.5 ? Is such mode available for the crossfader ?
Federico Vilas
Originally Posted by TheFrostGuru
Hey, this response is pretty late, so I don't know if you've already got the answer or not, but there's an option in preferences under the Crossfader Section of the Mixer panel with parameters "Smooth" and "Sharp". These will affect the rate at which the volume for each track will be lowered using the crossfader. Set the bar all the way to "Sharp" and it will only cut as opposed to fade.

Hope this helped
that is correct...BUT don't expect a super sharp cut...i'd compare it to be a little sharper then a stock vestax pmc mixer without the lag spacers
Jeromy Bana
Originally Posted by manhooei
Mixing. For example in virtual dj you can set the mode of the crossfader, where can I do that in traktor pro 2.5 ? Is such mode available for the crossfader ?
I don't have Traktor fired up, I believe if you hold shift and hit the channels FX buttons (! for left 2 for right) it assings a channel to the crossfader. if you hit the same button twice it removes it from the crossfader.

It has been a while since I have used my s4, but I believe that was how i did it.
Cleotilde Dodsworth
Charline Dye
You can also map the cross fader curve to a knob or fader and change it on the fly.
Federico Vilas
Originally Posted by TheFrostGuru
Hey, this response is pretty late, so I don't know if you've already got the answer or not, but there's an option in preferences under the Crossfader Section of the Mixer panel with parameters "Smooth" and "Sharp". These will affect the rate at which the volume for each track will be lowered using the crossfader. Set the bar all the way to "Sharp" and it will only cut as opposed to fade.

Hope this helped
that is correct...BUT don't expect a super sharp cut...i'd compare it to be a little sharper then a stock vestax pmc mixer without the lag spacers
Louisa Brock

Hope this helped
Jeromy Bana
Originally Posted by manhooei
I don't have Traktor fired up, I believe if you hold shift and hit the channels FX buttons (! for left 2 for right) it assings a channel to the crossfader. if you hit the same button twice it removes it from the crossfader.

It has been a while since I have used my s4, but I believe that was how i did it.

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy