Can you use 2 Kontrol S2's with one computer running Traktor 2.5?

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: Can you use 2 Kontrol S2's with one computer running Traktor 2.5?Reply
Can you use 2 Kontrol S2's with one computer running Traktor 2.5?
Posted on: 17.08.2012 by Moon Doughten
My friend and I both own a NI Kontrol S2, and we're wondering if there was any simple solution to using both of them on one computer (I.e. He'd run Decks A & B on his Kontrol and I'd run Decks C & D on mine) or would we have to create our own custom mapping? Or is there a custom mapping already out there for this?

Is this even possible? We're using a Sony Viao with 6 GB of Ram and a 2.3 GHz Processor. If no solution exists, any tips on mapping this?
Claire Auyeung
Image1.jpg

Just highlight your S2 mapping in the controller manager, click "edit", select "duplicate".
Arie Kersjes
Originally Posted by Kensic
Negative...S2 doesn't have any inputs
That doesn't matter though as it only means you can't run audio through the controller. DJAtomDavey, I believe it should be doable with one S2 in midi mode.
Moon Doughten
My friend and I both own a NI Kontrol S2, and we're wondering if there was any simple solution to using both of them on one computer (I.e. He'd run Decks A & B on his Kontrol and I'd run Decks C & D on mine) or would we have to create our own custom mapping? Or is there a custom mapping already out there for this?

Is this even possible? We're using a Sony Viao with 6 GB of Ram and a 2.3 GHz Processor. If no solution exists, any tips on mapping this?
Tad Kazmierczak
Ok they both show up in device manager and updated both firmwares I still only get one come up in the in and out port drop down list in controller manager settings though?
Claire Auyeung
Close Traktor, open your device manager. Connect both S2's and make sure they get found as separate devices first.
It might help checking both S2's firmware versions and upgrade if necessary by using the device updater..
Tad Kazmierczak
No I mean like I can't even get the other controller to control c and d because whenever I plug the second one in it cuts off the first controller does that make sense? And it only gives me the option of 1 s2 in the in and out so I can't change them to be their own in and out. Lol does that make any sense? Ps thanks for helping
Claire Auyeung
There's no other way around, and in the end you don't want to switch the entire sound cards every time, just the midi controls.
One S2 will ALWAYS be sending the audio, the other S2 is just for controlling deck C+D.
It will run perfectly, only thing you want to split is the headphones. Use a hardware splitter/ y-cable to solve it on the outside or try something like Asio4all to route the headphone audio to both S2 headphone outputs, so you get 2 fully functional devices on one computer system.
Tad Kazmierczak
Ok so when I plug the second s2 in it takes over everything but the audio and there is only 1 s2 to choose for in and out but in audio setup I can see both can I maybe name one controller something else so it sees it in controller manager and is that possible? Thanks
Claire Auyeung
Image1.jpg

Just highlight your S2 mapping in the controller manager, click "edit", select "duplicate".
Tad Kazmierczak
Cool thanks heaps beaubryte just how do u mean duplicate it? Thanks
Claire Auyeung
Get an S2 mapping that has 4 deck controls already, you need it for deck C+D.

like this one from Ravishing https://maps.djranking s.com/mappings/141

You need to duplicate this S2 mapping, so you get two mapping entries.
Assign each separate S2 to its own in and out ports and then it should work right away.
You don't need midi mode, you don't need to remap anything, it will work.

I prefer this method over linking two computers to get them synced, it's very stable and responsive this way.
Alphonso Deitchman
Like the others said above, one S2 will need to be in MIDI mode so Traktor sees them as separate controllers.
Tad Kazmierczak
Hey any luck getting this to work let me know as we want to do the same want to get one controlling A/B and the other C/D just not sure if it will recognise them as being the same?
Leeanna Ayla
Yes you can do it. just map it accordingly and set the in/out ports correctly.
Loyce Mekonen
Download any of the DJTT mappings (which are HID) and remap accordingly to control DECK C/D with one controller instead. Assign IN & Out channels. That could probably work. If it doesn't, try MIDI mode as Hest suggested.
Arie Kersjes
Originally Posted by Kensic
That doesn't matter though as it only means you can't run audio through the controller. DJAtomDavey, I believe it should be doable with one S2 in midi mode.
Julian Ispas

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy