S4 Headphone cue feedback

S4 Headphone cue feedback
Posted on: 22.02.2013 by Sonja Roybal
I posted in the General community too. Anyway, I updated to 2.6.1 and now I'm getting feedback in the headphones. It doesn't happen at start up, but about 10 seconds later, it gradually gets louder. It's only happening in the right cup. I've tried different headphones, so it's not the headphones. It's either something with the S4, or the update. After I updated, I didn't change a thing with my set up. I updated, re-analyzed all my tracks, plugged into the S4 and boom, feedback! It doesn't matter if the "cue" is hit for not. It's constant. The S4 is only a couple months old. Any ideas?
Sonja Roybal
Originally Posted by VanGogo
WooHoo !

Doesn't do the Denon folks an ygood though
Sorry, bro. I feel your pain.
Eugenio Kein
I saw some one on the NI community report the same problem that said he re-installed the S4 driver and it solved his problem. I tried this also, but it didn't work for me. I'll try it again when I get home and let you know what happens.
Was checkin that thread on NI community also. I did reinstall/update the driver on my S2. doesn't seem to work also.

Guess we have to wait for NI to fix this
Sonja Roybal
I had the same problem. Called NI and tried a few different things. But nothing worked so far. Went back to 2.6.0.
Did it stop after you went back?

How do you go back?

That sucks. The key thing was pretty cool.
Sonja Roybal
I posted in the General community too. Anyway, I updated to 2.6.1 and now I'm getting feedback in the headphones. It doesn't happen at start up, but about 10 seconds later, it gradually gets louder. It's only happening in the right cup. I've tried different headphones, so it's not the headphones. It's either something with the S4, or the update. After I updated, I didn't change a thing with my set up. I updated, re-analyzed all my tracks, plugged into the S4 and boom, feedback! It doesn't matter if the "cue" is hit for not. It's constant. The S4 is only a couple months old. Any ideas?
Charline Dye
The buzz is back today, and will not go away. Back to 2.6.0 I go.
I really need to go back to 2.1.3, but would miss the newer features.

I'm taking any MacBook Pro donations also btw.
Charline Dye
After updating driver, buzz was back. I had to close down Traktor and restart, and its gone for now. I'll post if it comes back.
Sonja Roybal
Well, I woke up and played for a couple hours. Ran a few errands and went to record a mix, and it's back. I uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it again. I'll update.
Charline Dye
I don't have a Denon, was just feeling some sympathy for them, lol.

The driver wasn't in my service center. I had to login at NI to grab it. It does say its a Beta version.
I finally have time to test it so I'll post how it goes in a few.
Sonja Roybal
WooHoo !

Sorry, bro. I feel your pain.
Charline Dye
WooHoo !

Sonja Roybal
There's a driver update for the S4 in the Service Center. I installed it and the problem is fixed! That was quick.
Charline Dye
Saw in the thread in general discussion that after opening and closing Traktor a few times it stopped happening for one person, but don't know if it will come back as they haven't tested further.

Also happening on some Denon hardware as per the thread at NI community s.

So far it looks like a PC problem.

Just keeping the thread updated with the latest.
Charline Dye
PC for me
Wilson Durrum
Are yall using a Mac or PC? I just installed 2.61 on my Mac last evening but did not try it with my S2 but I will when I get home today.
Eugenio Kein
I saw some one on the NI community report the same problem that said he re-installed the S4 driver and it solved his problem. I tried this also, but it didn't work for me. I'll try it again when I get home and let you know what happens.
Was checkin that thread on NI community also. I did reinstall/update the driver on my S2. doesn't seem to work also.

Guess we have to wait for NI to fix this
Charline Dye
Eugenio Kein
Got the same problem with the S2. hope NI do something soon.

well probably went back to 2.6.0
Charline Dye
To go back to 2.6.0. Go into your programs folder, then Native Instruments folder, then I can't remember which folder but it will have all your older versions of Traktor in it. Just click on the 2.6.0 Traktor and there ya go.
Charline Dye
I might call them again today just to let them know everything else I tried, and that the problem still persists.

Are you using a PC?
Sonja Roybal
I had the same problem. Called NI and tried a few different things. But nothing worked so far. Went back to 2.6.0.
Did it stop after you went back?

How do you go back?

That sucks. The key thing was pretty cool.
Charline Dye

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy