How do I to use my S2 with virtual DJ

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: How do I to use my S2 with virtual DJReply
How do I to use my S2 with virtual DJ
Posted on: 28.01.2013 by Clifton Omoto
Hello I am new to the community , I would like to know how to get to use my S2 with virtual Dj. i have a macbook pro.
Merlyn Birchfield
Originally Posted by Steve Zorilow
For vid
Lisa Lochotzki
For vid
Merlyn Birchfield
For vid
Lisa Lochotzki
For vid
Merlyn Birchfield
For vid
Lisa Lochotzki
For vid
Merlyn Birchfield
For vid
Lisa Lochotzki
For vid
Merlyn Birchfield
Originally Posted by synthet1c
integration is a buzz word that marketing guru's use to make you buy their product.
Actually, I agree... Integration was perhaps a bad word choice. I just meant that the layout/design of the S2/S4 compliments Traktor well.
Merlyn Birchfield
For vid
Lisa Lochotzki
For vid
Clifton Omoto
Hello I am new to the community , I would like to know how to get to use my S2 with virtual Dj. i have a macbook pro.
Lisa Lochotzki
I'm not super familiar with VDJ either, I use it for some video things and it works ok. Not that I'm amazed with the performances, but it get the job done and quick.

One thing I find really cool though is how versatile it is. I mean you can customize everything you want, use it with anything, play anything, almost any format, plug some VST in it, develop your own "plug-ins"... and it works. That is something I would like to see in Traktor, but that's a wish from the programmer in me.
Merlyn Birchfield
(Not that I'm super familiar with VDJ, to be fair.)
Merlyn Birchfield
Originally Posted by synthet1c
integration is a buzz word that marketing guru's use to make you buy their product.
Actually, I agree... Integration was perhaps a bad word choice. I just meant that the layout/design of the S2/S4 compliments Traktor well.
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
integration is a buzz word that marketing guru's use to make you buy their product. The reality is that NI are holding back capabilities from other manufactures products so they can sell their sub standard hardware at an inflated price, because it has the best 'integration' with the software. I honestly don't know why users just accept this... At least VDJ puts all the tools in users hands when it comes to mapping allowing full 'integration' of any controller with the software in midi or HID.
Merlyn Birchfield
For vid
Lisa Lochotzki
For vid
Merlyn Birchfield
Just out of curiosity, why would you want to? The S4 and S2 are perfectly integrated with and intended for Traktor. (Not a criticism, just a genuine question).
Tu Brekke
Hi
I'm looking for map S2 for Virtual DJ. Have somone?
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
You need both of these mappers, they work together to give you full functionality, but the jogs, knobs, sliders and buttons are full NHL HID and the LEDs are midi.

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/1459...ol_S2_HID.html
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/1461...l_S2_MIDI.html

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy