S4 output routing setup help.

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: S4 output routing setup help.Reply
S4 output routing setup help.
Posted on: 13.03.2013 by Season Bergere
Hello.

I believe I may have a setting not correct somewhere because I can't hear any sound out of my headphones,
but only out of my master speaker.

In the `Output Routing' section,
I have the `output master' set, and the music does come out of my master speaker when I play a track.

I have the `output monitor' set as not connected.

I have in the audio device setting set the `traktor s4' as my card and built-in sound card.

I checked the Traktor manual but don't see the solution there.
I also read this thread where the guy seems to have a similar problem but with a S2
http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=68687
but I'm not sure if the solution recommended there applies to me?

I'm new so your help is welcome!
Season Bergere
Hello.

I believe I may have a setting not correct somewhere because I can't hear any sound out of my headphones,
but only out of my master speaker.

In the `Output Routing' section,
I have the `output master' set, and the music does come out of my master speaker when I play a track.

I have the `output monitor' set as not connected.

I have in the audio device setting set the `traktor s4' as my card and built-in sound card.

I checked the Traktor manual but don't see the solution there.
I also read this thread where the guy seems to have a similar problem but with a S2
http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=68687
but I'm not sure if the solution recommended there applies to me?

I'm new so your help is welcome!
Season Bergere
Thanks, the solution was `The output monitors should be selected (channels 3 & 4) for you headphone output to work.'
Charline Dye
The output monitors should be selected (channels 3 & 4) for you headphone output to work. Also there are 2 knobs on the front right hand side, one for headphone volume and one for cue/mix. The knob on the left is cue/mix. If it is turned all the way to the right, you will only hear the main out, all the way left you will only hear a deck that has the cue button on.
Just to make sure, you are plugging the headphones into the S4 not your computer. In the thread you referenced, they were trying to use the computer headphone out.
I'm trying to figure out how I can use my computer's speakers as the main output while using my headphones to preview/cue songs. As it's set right now, all my audio is coming through the headphones and nothing's coming through the computer speakers

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy