Upgraded to 2.6.1, but traktor,she's-a-broke

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: Upgraded to 2.6.1, but traktor,she's-a-brokeReply
Upgraded to 2.6.1, but traktor,she's-a-broke
Posted on: 24.02.2013 by Katharine Fattore
upgraded the software, went into the preferences and clicked on the "add song key" to the info, and match the preferences for the collection from the previous version, but i then tried to load a track, and it just froze. i force closed traktor, reopened, let it "load track collection" and instead of loading a song, i just went to close traktor to "save changes" but it's been "removing background tasks" (window that opens usually after a big session for your loops/samples etc) but this time, this message has appeared for 24 hours.

keep in mind, i have 40,000 songs loaded into my library, and this is the only reason i can believe it's taking this long... anyone have any ideas?

thanks,
sean
Tamela Batara
Originally Posted by blackavenger
Yeah, right!

What do you mean by cost? Do you mean in storage/HDD space? 'Cause he sure as hell didn't pay for all of those!
Really? Now I bought records a lot between '98 & '03. As purely a hobby mind you, spending around
Tamela Batara
Yeah, right!

What do you mean by cost? Do you mean in storage/HDD space? 'Cause he sure as hell didn't pay for all of those!
Really? Now I bought records a lot between '98 & '03. As purely a hobby mind you, spending around
Tamela Batara
Yeah, right!

Tamela Batara
Yeah, right!

Tamela Batara
Yeah, right!

Tamela Batara
Yeah, right!

Rhona Dessler
Originally Posted by elseanjuan
Well, i figured it out. after reading through a million posts, here was my only fix.

go into the actual traktor folder on your computer and delete all the Collection files. backups, everything. YES it deletes your "collection" but it's the only way i got around it...

good luck!
I only have about 5K songs but I reallllllly hope I don't have to delete my collection files........................... this can't be the only fix to this ??
Tamela Batara
Yeah, right!

Shad Rametta
Originally Posted by zimfella
40,000 songs? Must have cost you a shit load.
Yeah, right!

However, this brings up a good point. Just about all of the library management software I use takes advantage of the multiple cores in an i-series processor except Traktor....

ScratchLIVE = 4 cores/8 threads
dBpoweramp = 4 cores/8 threads
Keyfinder = 4 cores/8 threads

Get w' the program, NI....it can't be that hard to implement the utilization of multiple cores/threads for Analyzing the library!
Katharine Fattore
upgraded the software, went into the preferences and clicked on the "add song key" to the info, and match the preferences for the collection from the previous version, but i then tried to load a track, and it just froze. i force closed traktor, reopened, let it "load track collection" and instead of loading a song, i just went to close traktor to "save changes" but it's been "removing background tasks" (window that opens usually after a big session for your loops/samples etc) but this time, this message has appeared for 24 hours.

keep in mind, i have 40,000 songs loaded into my library, and this is the only reason i can believe it's taking this long... anyone have any ideas?

thanks,
sean
Katharine Fattore
it's pretty shitty either way. i cut my losses, gotta redo a lot of shite, but the beat goes on...
Lisa Lochotzki
I would have run a check consistency check in a previous version first to see if you had any odd things first. But this seems to happen here and there for some reason.
You could also try to start a brand new collection and import your previous one. Some said it worked for them.
Rhona Dessler
Originally Posted by elseanjuan
Well, i figured it out. after reading through a million posts, here was my only fix.

go into the actual traktor folder on your computer and delete all the Collection files. backups, everything. YES it deletes your "collection" but it's the only way i got around it...

good luck!
I only have about 5K songs but I reallllllly hope I don't have to delete my collection files........................... this can't be the only fix to this ??
Katharine Fattore

good luck!
Katharine Fattore
hmm, so waited 48 hours, she's still "getting rid of background tasks" when i close it. i can't even believe about loading a song when i open traktor, and now my S4 isn't being recognized. anyone else having this problem? i'm starting to worry...
Katharine Fattore
lol 40k songs...yup.

so it's the NI lack of processor, ya? i've got the quadcore, wish they would use it. it's a pain in the ass. i want to try out the new updates, and i've been on vacation for 3 weeks, lots of pent up mixing ahead of me. i guess i'll just wait for the morning...
Nedra Fresneda
Back on topic guys.
Tamela Batara
Yeah, right!

Shad Rametta
Originally Posted by zimfella
Yeah, right!

However, this brings up a good point. Just about all of the library management software I use takes advantage of the multiple cores in an i-series processor except Traktor....

ScratchLIVE = 4 cores/8 threads
dBpoweramp = 4 cores/8 threads
Keyfinder = 4 cores/8 threads

Get w' the program, NI....it can't be that hard to implement the utilization of multiple cores/threads for Analyzing the library!
Hanna Ridenbaugh

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy