Quality of Kontrol Components

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: Quality of Kontrol ComponentsReply
Quality of Kontrol Components
Posted on: 27.03.2013 by Nelle Maisel
I'm posting this thread somewhat out of frustration but also curiosity.

I'm currently on my second Kontrol S2 (after failed FX button warranty replacement of the first) and need to send it in yet again for another repair (faulty encoders). I really am just curious if the components of these controllers are just not up to par for daily use or if I have just gotten unlucky. I am a fan of the Kontrol line (use an S2, F1 and X1) but really can not stand having faulty components.

Can these units be upgraded without major surgery? Or are some the other units (Vestax or Pioneer) have more reliable components? I've done a fair deal of searching but haven't found anything conclusive.

Thanks for the info.
Nelle Maisel
I'm posting this thread somewhat out of frustration but also curiosity.

I'm currently on my second Kontrol S2 (after failed FX button warranty replacement of the first) and need to send it in yet again for another repair (faulty encoders). I really am just curious if the components of these controllers are just not up to par for daily use or if I have just gotten unlucky. I am a fan of the Kontrol line (use an S2, F1 and X1) but really can not stand having faulty components.

Can these units be upgraded without major surgery? Or are some the other units (Vestax or Pioneer) have more reliable components? I've done a fair deal of searching but haven't found anything conclusive.

Thanks for the info.
Nelle Maisel
I was believeing about replacing the S2 but I am making a little money at this hobby so I don't mind spending the money for a VCI-400, DDJ-SX or even wait for an S4 whenever NI updates it.
Alphonso Deitchman
The S2 and S4 aren't great build-quality wise. Vestax and Pioneer make some decent gear as do Numark and Denon etc, but they all make cheaper gear too.

The Denon MC3000 is a nice alternative to the S2 if you're believeing of a replacement.

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy