Bought Used S2, sound output horrible/clipped, driver or hardware issue?

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: Bought Used S2, sound output horrible/clipped, driver or hardware issue?Reply
Bought Used S2, sound output horrible/clipped, driver or hardware issue?
Posted on: 11.04.2013 by Shay Terek
Hi All,

I recently bought a used S2 off ebay and I tested it out on my MBA running 10.8 and the output on both the master and headphone output sound horrible, like the worst clipping you can imagine. It literally sounds like how videos taken at concerts/clubs sound like when you record from an iphone. However, if I switch the output to the builtin speakers it sounds fine.

I played with the latency settings but that didn't help. I also uninstalled and reinstalled traktor completely.

I did some searching and saw that lots of people were having similar issues when Mountain Lion was first released but since then the issue has been resolved.

I was wondering if I was sold a faulty unit or if the drivers are to blame here. Anyone battle similar issues in the past? Any thoughts? Advice? Thanks!
Shay Terek
Hi All,

I recently bought a used S2 off ebay and I tested it out on my MBA running 10.8 and the output on both the master and headphone output sound horrible, like the worst clipping you can imagine. It literally sounds like how videos taken at concerts/clubs sound like when you record from an iphone. However, if I switch the output to the builtin speakers it sounds fine.

I played with the latency settings but that didn't help. I also uninstalled and reinstalled traktor completely.

I did some searching and saw that lots of people were having similar issues when Mountain Lion was first released but since then the issue has been resolved.

I was wondering if I was sold a faulty unit or if the drivers are to blame here. Anyone battle similar issues in the past? Any thoughts? Advice? Thanks!
Shay Terek
I tried it on a friend's PC with the same results.

I contacted the seller and he pointed me to a DJTT thread about the issue where PC users reinstalled Windows to solve the problem but I use a mac.

Any last suggestions before I send it back?
Shay Terek
Yep It was at 24 when I got it and now it's at 27. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I'm going to try and borrow a friend's computer, install traktor and give it a shot tomorrow.
Alphonso Deitchman
Did you update to the latest firmware?

http://co.native-instruments.com/?id...update_id=2528
Shay Terek
The drivers there are the same as on the service center as far as I can tell. The newest one it shows is from Nov. 2011.
Alphonso Deitchman
You need the newest drivers from the website.

http://www.native-instruments.com/en...s-other-files/
Shay Terek
Yea, I installed the latest S2 drivers that are available on the service center but that's from November 2011. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Monserrate Rupnow
Are you sure you have the latest S2 drivers installed? I believe it's a seperate download from Traktor itself.

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy