Browse knob works maybe 50% of the time

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: Browse knob works maybe 50% of the timeReply
Browse knob works maybe 50% of the time
Posted on: 07.04.2013 by Merlyn Birchfield
My browse knob (as far as turning it left or right) works maybe half of the time. Sometimes I'll turn it 3 or 4 revolutions and nothing will happen. Sometimes it works fine. Sometimes it will skip a couple "clicks" and then work.

Very frustrating. Anyone else run into this?

I've had the unit since it came out so I'm sure I have no kind of warranty. I don't imagine this thing is too user-serviceable? I also have a stuck FX button.
Alphonso Deitchman
Originally Posted by Chaser720
My controller just got back and the same issues. Im about ready to replace some of this NI hardware with some quality stuff. Any suggestions?
A decent hardware mixer is a good step up from controllers, especially the S4
Merlyn Birchfield
My browse knob (as far as turning it left or right) works maybe half of the time. Sometimes I'll turn it 3 or 4 revolutions and nothing will happen. Sometimes it works fine. Sometimes it will skip a couple "clicks" and then work.

Very frustrating. Anyone else run into this?

I've had the unit since it came out so I'm sure I have no kind of warranty. I don't imagine this thing is too user-serviceable? I also have a stuck FX button.
Merlyn Birchfield
Yeah, I just bought a DN-X1600 and a timecode setup, myself.
Alphonso Deitchman
Originally Posted by Chaser720
My controller just got back and the same issues. Im about ready to replace some of this NI hardware with some quality stuff. Any suggestions?
A decent hardware mixer is a good step up from controllers, especially the S4
Nelle Maisel
Kellie Myrum
First make sure if your browser knob sends MIDI all the time by looking in little blue blinking spot in master section to make sure if that isn't a mapping issue. Also try different mappings. Just a thought.
Nelle Maisel
I'm sending my S2 off tomorrow for warranty work for the same problem but with all of my encoders.
Alphonso Deitchman
Try compressed air, then contact cleaner. If it doesn't work you'll just need a replacement encoder.

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy