Problem using S4 & X1 Together

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: Problem using S4 & X1 TogetherReply
Problem using S4 & X1 Together
Posted on: 21.10.2011 by Cindie Brodskaya
Me and my buddy are having a tough time figuring this one out. We are using the default mapping for the S4, and Padi's mapping for the X1 to control FX 3 & 4. Everything works beautifully, except with the X1 connected, Deck A will only assign to FX 1, 3, and 4. Deck B will only assign to FX 2, 3, and 4 (when using the FX buttons on the S4). I can assign it manually in Traktor with my mouse, so I know that the FX banks are working properly, but I assume there is some type of mapping conflict between the Default S4 map and Padi's X1 map. If anyone could shed some light on this that would be great, I am a major noob when it comes to mapping
Cindie Brodskaya
Me and my buddy are having a tough time figuring this one out. We are using the default mapping for the S4, and Padi's mapping for the X1 to control FX 3 & 4. Everything works beautifully, except with the X1 connected, Deck A will only assign to FX 1, 3, and 4. Deck B will only assign to FX 2, 3, and 4 (when using the FX buttons on the S4). I can assign it manually in Traktor with my mouse, so I know that the FX banks are working properly, but I assume there is some type of mapping conflict between the Default S4 map and Padi's X1 map. If anyone could shed some light on this that would be great, I am a major noob when it comes to mapping
Loyce Mekonen
Nevermind... in the end I just downloaded the DJTT V2 mapping which I can customize if needed. Everything works properly in the default mode which suits me just fine.

Disregard necromancy.
Loyce Mekonen
I'm gonna bump this thread again since I have the same problem. I used to have an S2 along my X1. On this setup I had my X1 mapped for FX units 3 and 4 while in the S2 I could controll FX units 1 and 2 per deck. I now have an S4 along with my X1 but on the S4 I can only turn on FX unit 1 for deck A, FX unit 2 for deck B, 3 for C and 4 for D.

Maybe there was some kind of fix on this matter in the year and few months that have passed... otherwise this is just plain dumb... I'd appreciate help on the matter.
Nedra Fresneda
That's how the S4 behaves when 4 FX Units are used, it assigns 1 unit per deck and disables the second button. You can remap it yourself but you wont have any led feedback on it.
Kristofer Krauel
I get a similar situation sometimes. As in I can only assign fx 1 to deck A and fx2 to deck B if using the hardware fx assign buttons.
Shelia Salzsieder
bump

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy