s4 Exploding

s4 Exploding
Posted on: 26.04.2013 by Maribeth Tidler
Hey guys!

I believe this is a lost cause but maybe someone can help!

I was just using my traktor s4 at home and it basically exploded. It was playing then went bang and smoke came out the back.

I got the s4 second hand about 12 months ago and it had just been in for repair then.. Do you believe there's any chance NI will do anything. What are my options? I have a gig this weekend and 2 next
Alphonso Deitchman
Originally Posted by johnyfav
I wonder as it's meant to be a 2 year warranty with everything purchased in the uk... I don't know. It was very scary.
From the NI Terms and Conditions:
" If the Customer is a consumer within the meaning of
Alphonso Deitchman
I wonder as it's meant to be a 2 year warranty with everything purchased in the uk... I don't know. It was very scary.
Alphonso Deitchman
Alphonso Deitchman
Alphonso Deitchman
Alphonso Deitchman
Alphonso Deitchman
Alphonso Deitchman
Toya Spor
I was just using my traktor s4 at home and it basically exploded. It was playing then went bang and smoke came out the back.
Oh wow you must have dropped the bass too hard.

All joking aside, I'd call NI ASAP and give them the details on what happened, hopefully they can help. Here is their contact info: http://www.native-instruments.com/en...ny/contact-ni/

Best of luck.
Alphonso Deitchman
Maribeth Tidler
Hey guys!

I believe this is a lost cause but maybe someone can help!

I got the s4 second hand about 12 months ago and it had just been in for repair then.. Do you believe there's any chance NI will do anything. What are my options? I have a gig this weekend and 2 next
Toya Spor
Oh wow you must have dropped the bass too hard.

All joking aside, I'd call NI ASAP and give them the details on what happened, hopefully they can help. Here is their contact info: http://www.native-instruments.com/en...ny/contact-ni/

Best of luck.
Alphonso Deitchman
I believe they can offer you a replacement unit for a reduced fee. Much less than the price of a new one anyway.
Dannie Dimora
Well it would be weird if even after the warranty expired they didn't offer any kind of support.
Maybe they have some payable service-thing? Like apple does?
Alphonso Deitchman
Dedra Kreinbring
I have been practicing to play on just an F1 in the case that my S2 packs in. Its hard to start with, but get your hands dirty with mappings and you will be fine. An X1 would do the job better though. I picked up an akai LPD8 just to get some extra knobs for EQs, although they dont have a centre click which annoys me
Marion Corbo
on another note you most likely can find a mapping to use your x1 to play
Maribeth Tidler
Rhona Dessler
First let me say that I'm sorry but I literally "loled" when you said smoke came out of the back, that can NOT be a good sign. Secondly I have no idea what that could be and I doubt NI will do anything because "it's past the warranty", but hey why not try? I'd bring it to DJ store if you have any around you but even then who knows...sorry terrible timing too.
Maribeth Tidler
I have an f1 as well - is there anything in the way of mappings I can use to still play my gig?

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy