Question about one-shot sample triggering

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: Question about one-shot sample triggeringReply
Question about one-shot sample triggering
Posted on: 11.04.2012 by Sha Kempner
Hey! I use an S2 and I'd like to use samples in one-shot mode to play a beat manually. BUT apparently, at least from my limited knowledge, this isn't exactly possible because the sample must finish playing before being triggered again. So hitting 8th notes on a snare with a long decay doesn't work because if the sample hasn't ended you can't really get it to re-trigger until it's finished. Is there any workaround or is this idea a fail? Thanks in advance!
Huey Leynes
Originally Posted by Stewe
Add In > Remix Deck > Slot Trigger Type
this; you can choose between trigger/toggle. go crazy with it!
Sha Kempner
Hey! I use an S2 and I'd like to use samples in one-shot mode to play a beat manually. BUT apparently, at least from my limited knowledge, this isn't exactly possible because the sample must finish playing before being triggered again. So hitting 8th notes on a snare with a long decay doesn't work because if the sample hasn't ended you can't really get it to re-trigger until it's finished. Is there any workaround or is this idea a fail? Thanks in advance!
Huey Leynes
Originally Posted by Stewe
this; you can choose between trigger/toggle. go crazy with it!
Kellie Myrum
Gordon Tallis
This has to be possible!

With the older versions of Traktor you could use the sample decks and S2/4 to play samples like a drum machine.

What I have found is, when in sample mode on S2 you hit the cue/sample button and it plays, hit it a second time it stop, hit it a third time you retrigger the sample.

If you drag your mouse over the one-shot sample it will trigger like a drum machine.

So somewhere in the mapping it feels like they set this up as a toggle button as a-posse to trigger.

Any thoughts?
Gordon Tallis
Im looking to get a drum sampler in the sample pads but so far there usless with the s2 as it is a toggle function apart from a trigger function.

Anyone still trying to get this working???
Sha Kempner
Ah ok, thank you that is exactly what I need to know! Much appreciated!
Carie Powlison
all you have to do is trigger the sample again to stop it. so if you want 8th notes you'll actually have to be tapping 16th notes, one for the trigger one for the stop. in the new traktor software they'll have multiple sample slots in each sample deck so you'll probably be able to keep your current samples while have shortend one shot version of them in the same deck.

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy