Two problems with my 2 months old S4

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: Two problems with my 2 months old S4Reply
Two problems with my 2 months old S4
Posted on: 18.04.2013 by Anamaria Cappola
Hey! I recently got back a brand new Kontrol S4, since my last one had the volume faders problem. They sent me a replacement unit. However, now it seems like the 1st Effect panel button (FX1) to the left is broken. It does not respond to every press I make all of a sudden. Sometimes when I press it, it lights up and then lights off in a matter of second. Very strange since it's such a new maschine.

The other problem is (probably a setting) that my output volume through the headphones (HDJ 2000) is pretty low. I can easily listen to max volume without feeling too much through my ears. What can that be?

Thanks in advance

Jack H
Addie Engbrecht
Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole
I thought it was just because my faders were probably dirty and would be my problem.

Is there any proper information on this anywhere?

Many thanks
It's a very common problem w/ all faders on the S4 (volume, pitch, and x). It seems like dirt has something to do w/ it in some cases. Some people have been able to clean them and get them to work and others have had to send the unit back. If it's still under warranty and possible, send it back. If not, you can try to clean it, and it may or may not do anything.
Anamaria Cappola
Hey! I recently got back a brand new Kontrol S4, since my last one had the volume faders problem. They sent me a replacement unit. However, now it seems like the 1st Effect panel button (FX1) to the left is broken. It does not respond to every press I make all of a sudden. Sometimes when I press it, it lights up and then lights off in a matter of second. Very strange since it's such a new maschine.

The other problem is (probably a setting) that my output volume through the headphones (HDJ 2000) is pretty low. I can easily listen to max volume without feeling too much through my ears. What can that be?

Thanks in advance

Jack H
Addie Engbrecht
Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole
I thought it was just because my faders were probably dirty and would be my problem.

Many thanks
It's a very common problem w/ all faders on the S4 (volume, pitch, and x). It seems like dirt has something to do w/ it in some cases. Some people have been able to clean them and get them to work and others have had to send the unit back. If it's still under warranty and possible, send it back. If not, you can try to clean it, and it may or may not do anything.
Doug Bieling

Many thanks
Anamaria Cappola
exactly
Doug Bieling
What is the volume fader problem that got it replaced in the first place? Does teh volume sometimes drop on its own? Mine does this.
Anamaria Cappola
I bought it online However it is a shop in Sweden, just too far away from my location so they send it to me. Think it could still work?
Alphonso Deitchman
If you bought it in a shop, you may be able to persuade NI to tell the shop to replace it immediately.
Anamaria Cappola
Thanks for replies! The only thing is that I will have upcoming gigs soon and I need my S4... Sucks
Kristofer Krauel
The headphone issue may also be that you have the headphone volume turned down in the software.
Alphonso Deitchman
Keep getting replacements until you get one that really works. Faults on new S4 units is not unusual in the slightest.
Addie Engbrecht
The FX button problem is a common defect. If you hit up NI, I'm sure they'll send you another one cause that problem is nothing new. Headphone volume is probably because you don't have it plugged into an outlet, and running it off straight USB power.

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy