White RCA Port on S4 Not Working - Possible Workaround through 1/4 Outs?

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: White RCA Port on S4 Not Working - Possible Workaround through 1/4 Outs?Reply
White RCA Port on S4 Not Working - Possible Workaround through 1/4 Outs?
Posted on: 06.05.2013 by Pierre Aliseo
Hello!

Recently discovered that the white RCA main out port on my s4 is not working. Red works fine - white one cut in and out until finally no sound whatsoever. Tried multiple cables and mixers to confirm it was the s4 port and not an outside source. To go along with this, my 1/4 main outs still work perfectly.

I am considering getting two 1/4 male to female adapters to plug in to my 1/4 outputs to connect to RCA sources.

http://www.amazon.com/Pack-Male-Fema.../dp/B002U71HG2

Would this be a viable workaround? I do not believe I am under warranty I bought this s4 used about a year and a half ago (licensed transferred and all that) so do not believe I can get it sent back to NI but have not checked yet. Also would prefer not to be without my s4...

Thanks a lot for any input!

Tricks
Pierre Aliseo
Hello!

Recently discovered that the white RCA main out port on my s4 is not working. Red works fine - white one cut in and out until finally no sound whatsoever. Tried multiple cables and mixers to confirm it was the s4 port and not an outside source. To go along with this, my 1/4 main outs still work perfectly.

I am considering getting two 1/4 male to female adapters to plug in to my 1/4 outputs to connect to RCA sources.

http://www.amazon.com/Pack-Male-Fema.../dp/B002U71HG2

Would this be a viable workaround? I do not believe I am under warranty I bought this s4 used about a year and a half ago (licensed transferred and all that) so do not believe I can get it sent back to NI but have not checked yet. Also would prefer not to be without my s4...

Thanks a lot for any input!

Tricks
Pierre Aliseo
Thanks a lot makar!
Alphonso Deitchman
Yes, those are the correct adapters to convert the balanced 1/4" outputs to unbalanced RCA. Make sure you use that exact adapter, and not one with 2 black rings (stereo plug).

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy