Traktor S2: Laptop Speakers as Main, Headphones on PHONES jack for cue?

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: Traktor S2: Laptop Speakers as Main, Headphones on PHONES jack for cue?Reply
Traktor S2: Laptop Speakers as Main, Headphones on PHONES jack for cue?
Posted on: 20.03.2012 by Fred Meager
I spent all my money on buying an S2 because it was cheap, but when I got home, I realized I didn't have enough for moniters T_T So I am stuck with my built in macbook speakers. The problem is that in the audio settings I can only choose to use the Traktor soundcard OR the laptop speakers.
How would I get it working so that the main audio comes out my laptop speakers, but at the same time I can use the Traktor S2 PHONES jack for my headphones / cue thing? Thanks guys!
Steven Hava
Originally Posted by Audeo
Ok. Let's do this.

You'll have to make an aggregated audio device!

Press cmd + spacebar and type in "midi" and select the audio/midi configuration thingy. (I have no idea how it's called in English, I run the Dutch version of OSX).

Now press the little + symbol on the lower left and select "create aggregated" and select the outputs you want (probably something like "internal" and "s2 3/4", I have no idea since I don't own a S2).
Now select the highest sample frequency possible and give the device a name like "ULTRA WICKED MUTLI OUTPUT4THEBITCHES" or whatever you kids call it these days..

Now go into Traktor and select the just-created-audio-mega-awesome4thebiches-device and play around a little to get the correct outputs. Master will probably have to be set to 1 and 2, monitor to 3 and 4.

Good luck and don't hesitate to ask other questions on this subject!
I'm going to try this right now, if it works you will be lifted to a god like status in my eyes
Fred Meager
Ok. Let's do this.

Press cmd + spacebar and type in "midi" and select the audio/midi configuration thingy. (I have no idea how it's called in English, I run the Dutch version of OSX).

Now press the little + symbol on the lower left and select "create aggregated" and select the outputs you want (probably something like "internal" and "s2 3/4", I have no idea since I don't own a S2).
Now select the highest sample frequency possible and give the device a name like "ULTRA WICKED MUTLI OUTPUT4THEBITCHES" or whatever you kids call it these days..

Now go into Traktor and select the just-created-audio-mega-awesome4thebiches-device and play around a little to get the correct outputs. Master will probably have to be set to 1 and 2, monitor to 3 and 4.

I have done what you said,
the channels are from 0 to 5
i cant get it to work as planned
i set it to 0 and 1 for master and
4 and 5 for monitor but moniter dooesnt seem to work it just plays the master also. how do i fix it? its supposed to be from 1 - 4 right ?
Fred Meager
Ok. Let's do this.

haha thanks! i will try this and get back to you! appreciate the help!!!
Fred Meager
I spent all my money on buying an S2 because it was cheap, but when I got home, I realized I didn't have enough for moniters T_T So I am stuck with my built in macbook speakers. The problem is that in the audio settings I can only choose to use the Traktor soundcard OR the laptop speakers.
How would I get it working so that the main audio comes out my laptop speakers, but at the same time I can use the Traktor S2 PHONES jack for my headphones / cue thing? Thanks guys!
Steven Hava
Ok. Let's do this.

I'm going to try this right now, if it works you will be lifted to a god like status in my eyes
Carrol Ridle
is there a tutorial?

Fred Meager
Ok. Let's do this.

I have done what you said,
the channels are from 0 to 5
i cant get it to work as planned
i set it to 0 and 1 for master and
4 and 5 for monitor but moniter dooesnt seem to work it just plays the master also. how do i fix it? its supposed to be from 1 - 4 right ?
Tennie Dornburg
maybe everyone is leading you the right way.

to me I would just get RCA to headphone jack [ I believe its 1/8?] then plug that into your laptop audio line in.

headphones go into your s2 and you should be fine.
Fred Meager
Ok. Let's do this.

haha thanks! i will try this and get back to you! appreciate the help!!!
Venetta Cawyer
Ok. Let's do this.

Daine Ziadeh
Set mixing as internal and put Output L and R on Master ( i believe )
Ghislaine Derick
Try to use the setup wizard to configure for S2. 2Decks+2Sample decks it is.
Fred Meager
No one?
Fred Meager
How would I configure it? Currently my settings are like this but they're messed up. the crossfader doesnt work.
http://oi44.tinypic.com/2lw0t1h.jpg
http://oi39.tinypic.com/23qxy5w.jpg
thanks!
Ghislaine Derick
For starters you may buy a pair of cheap laptop speakers and a stereo to RCA cable if you want to use S2's internal soundcard. If you want to use your MacBooks built-in soundcard just plugging in with the USB cable is sufficient. You need to configure Traktors output audio settings accordingly.
For cueing you just plug in your headphones to the S2 with a 1/4'' stereo jack. Then turn the cue-mix knob near to the headphone socket all the way to the left (counter-clockwise) and you should be hearing the cued track from your headphones only.

Cheers!
Fred Meager
that doesn't solve the cue / main thing though does it? :O
Treena Zemaitis
Hey there buddy,

ordered my S2 recently, and i made of list of problems i may have and simple cost effective solutions. i'd suggest getting a two way 3.5mm splitter for your computer if your using external speakers. these range for $5 (australian) +.

Hopefully helped you abit.
Fred Meager
Also, is there a tutorial anywhere on how to scratch? With jogwheels? T_T This is so hard! It's my first DJ controller ever, before this I've only been using virtualdj with my mouse.

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy