S4 Fx Units buttons not working properly

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: S4 Fx Units buttons not working properlyReply
S4 Fx Units buttons not working properly
Posted on: 13.05.2013 by Frederic Acidera
Hey guys,
as of a few days I've been running into a bit of a problem that is not critical but bothersome. I will try to describe the issue as clear a possible and maybe someone would have a solution out there. Currently running Traktor 2.6.1.; my S4 Driver is up to date as well as Service Center and Controller Editor.

The FX unit selector below the gain knob of each channel in the S4 is having a rather odd behavior.

FX 1 only works on decks C and A
FX 2 only works on decks B and D

Main issue for Decks C and A:
- LED on FX1 works but not in FX2
- FX2 does not work or lights up
- FX2 only works via MIDI not HID, and only lights up in the Controller Editor

For Decks B and D - is the same issue but affecting FX1.
So on the left side of the controller only FX1 will work, and on the right side on FX2.

Ideally you should be able to select both.

I've installed and uninstalled the S4 Driver, the controller editor. Cleaned all other mappings. I feel like I just hit a wall of frustration and can't believe on anything else before looking into Service from NI....any ideas are appreciated.

Cheers.
Frederic Acidera
Hey guys,
as of a few days I've been running into a bit of a problem that is not critical but bothersome. I will try to describe the issue as clear a possible and maybe someone would have a solution out there. Currently running Traktor 2.6.1.; my S4 Driver is up to date as well as Service Center and Controller Editor.

The FX unit selector below the gain knob of each channel in the S4 is having a rather odd behavior.

FX 1 only works on decks C and A
FX 2 only works on decks B and D

Main issue for Decks C and A:
- LED on FX1 works but not in FX2
- FX2 does not work or lights up
- FX2 only works via MIDI not HID, and only lights up in the Controller Editor

For Decks B and D - is the same issue but affecting FX1.
So on the left side of the controller only FX1 will work, and on the right side on FX2.

Ideally you should be able to select both.

I've installed and uninstalled the S4 Driver, the controller editor. Cleaned all other mappings. I feel like I just hit a wall of frustration and can't believe on anything else before looking into Service from NI....any ideas are appreciated.

Cheers.
Frederic Acidera
I believe I identified the issue. There was an old mapping for another midi device made on a previous version of Traktor that probably was causing the conflict with the effects in the S4. I had to back up my collection and delete all the mappings. Restore to factory settings. Up to this point I didn't see any changes until I finally added the S4 DJTT mapping. Then, Boom! S4 buttons were back working on HID not in midi. Weird, but glad I did it.
So strange but problem solved.

Never mind...Mapping was working on MIDI only LEDs worked but not HID...it might be a hardware issue. :/
Frederic Acidera
I guess that's going to be my solution... :/
Charline Dye
You can map the buttons as makar1 said, but you can't change the led behavior.
Alphonso Deitchman
You can override the buttons with your own mappings if you're not happy with the default behaviour.
Frederic Acidera
Oh! Yeah I'm using 4 FX units, I have reset to factory settings a few times. What's weird is that I run 4 fx units on an S2 and I was able to use both FX banks. :/
Nedra Fresneda
Are you using 2 or 4 FX units? If the answer is the later then that's how the S4 works, if not then try resetting your unit to factory settings.

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy