S2 as a mixer with turntables & Audio 6?

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: S2 as a mixer with turntables & Audio 6?Reply
S2 as a mixer with turntables & Audio 6?
Posted on: 20.08.2012 by Tegan Ruport
Hi there I have a S2 with Traktor pro 2, my wife has just kindly bought me Traktor Scratch A6 for my turntables. Is there a way I can route my s2 through my Audio 6 sound card and input my turntables, then use the S2 as the mixer?

Thanks
Tegan Ruport
Originally Posted by Hayden
I know this was posted a long time ago but I'm looking to do this to my setup, so did it work ?
Yes mate, it worked perfectly, if you look at a comment a few up it tells you how to do it. I have now sold my S2 and just work off Traktor scratch pro with TT and a mixer but as said it did work really well for home use when I had it.
Eli Calway
Originally Posted by Craig Willis
Cheers for the replies, will try it out toevening when I get 10 mins in my man cave ;-)
I know this was posted a long time ago but I'm looking to do this to my setup, so did it work ?
Edwina Fagel
Originally Posted by Lilac
If they are MIDI turntables then it's no problem, just assign them correctly.

If you mean regular TTs, then you'll have to ask someone else but I'm not sure since the S2 has no inputs.

Best of luck buddy!
Lol, if he has a A6 then there is no need for inputs on S2.
Just use your internal mixer with and S2 and change the track decks in into timecode decks.
Problem solved.
Tegan Ruport
Hi there I have a S2 with Traktor pro 2, my wife has just kindly bought me Traktor Scratch A6 for my turntables. Is there a way I can route my s2 through my Audio 6 sound card and input my turntables, then use the S2 as the mixer?

Thanks
Tegan Ruport
Originally Posted by Hayden
Yes mate, it worked perfectly, if you look at a comment a few up it tells you how to do it. I have now sold my S2 and just work off Traktor scratch pro with TT and a mixer but as said it did work really well for home use when I had it.
Alphonso Deitchman
Looking to do what? You can use the S2 as an internal mixer while using the Audio 6 for your audio inputs/outputs if you want to use timecode.
Eli Calway
Originally Posted by Craig Willis
Cheers for the replies, will try it out toevening when I get 10 mins in my man cave ;-)
Tegan Ruport
Edwina Fagel
Originally Posted by Lilac

If you mean regular TTs, then you'll have to ask someone else but I'm not sure since the S2 has no inputs.

Best of luck buddy!
Lol, if he has a A6 then there is no need for inputs on S2.
Just use your internal mixer with and S2 and change the track decks in into timecode decks.
Problem solved.
Ossie Pooley

Best of luck buddy!
Evie Baghdasarian
This is my exact setup. Run the rca's from the turntables into the in's on the a6. Then run rca's to the out of your speakers. You need to plug the headphones into the a6, but can use the cue/mix knob on the s2 to control what is coming through them. Select the A6 as your sound card in preferences and route your sound accordingly and viola. I'm digging this setup quite a bit right now.

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy