s4 timecode problem with cdj 850s

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: s4 timecode problem with cdj 850sReply
s4 timecode problem with cdj 850s
Posted on: 29.05.2013 by Nan Aguinaldo
I used the tracktor bible site and set up my s4 for timecode for use with my cdj 850s. Everything works, but halfway through a set or into a long set the calibration goes crazy and cannot be reset. One just starts skipping and resets the speed of the track. The CDs are fine and have been used in timecode mode with a regular mixer. Getting ready to get rid of the s4 because it is a huge pain. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Nan Aguinaldo
I used the tracktor bible site and set up my s4 for timecode for use with my cdj 850s. Everything works, but halfway through a set or into a long set the calibration goes crazy and cannot be reset. One just starts skipping and resets the speed of the track. The CDs are fine and have been used in timecode mode with a regular mixer. Getting ready to get rid of the s4 because it is a huge pain. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Nan Aguinaldo
Didn't work, when you use the cdj as midi, you have to set up a generic midi which eliminates the use of the s4 as a mixer. Really frustrated with this piece of gear , going to invest in a good mixer and just use the traktor box.
Nan Aguinaldo
Will test this toevening and report back.
Alphonso Deitchman
You can use several MIDI controllers at once with Traktor.
Nan Aguinaldo
Plus I don't believe I can run general midi in the options and have the s4 control at the same time.
Nan Aguinaldo
Yes that works, but I like the feel of timecode, especially since at most gigs only cdj 2000s are offered (limited by headliner setup). Not sure if it will interfere with the s4 setup though. Don't know if midi controller can work and s4 control, will try that toevening .
Alphonso Deitchman
Have you tried connecting the CDJ 850s directly to your computer with USB cables? They work as MIDI controllers too, like the S4.

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy