S4 Mapping Question

S4 Mapping Question
Posted on: 03.05.2013 by Halley Clarizio
Hello!

I'm looking to do some "weird" mapping. I'm not if sure if it's feasible, but I thought i would ask anyways.
Looking to map 2x Decks B and C and use knobs from A and D.

s4.jpg

I hope the picture makes sense. I through it together really quick.

Thanks

-A
Halley Clarizio
Hello!

I'm looking to do some "weird" mapping. I'm not if sure if it's feasible, but I thought i would ask anyways.
Looking to map 2x Decks B and C and use knobs from A and D.

s4.jpg

I hope the picture makes sense. I through it together really quick.

Thanks

-A
Kecia Wnukowski
Hello,
open the preferences, go to the 'mixer' tab. Set the EQ selection to Xone.
Go to the controller manager, inside device, select the default mapping (which would appear empty):
That step is necessary as in the Xone eq type, decks' mid knobs are assigned to mid (high), not midlows and you want to do the opposite.
*Add a new command: mixer/EQ/Midlow adjust
*Learn deck A's mid knob
* it should appear as fader/knob , direct and the 'override factory mapping' should also appear checked.
* assign to deck A

Repeat the same steps but this time the command would be mixer/EQ/Mid adjust, but for deck C's mid knob, still assigned to deck A.

Here you probably already get it so you can do the same for deck B's and D's mid knob. Don't forget to stop 'learn'.
Hope this helps.
Halley Clarizio
Thanks for the replies!

I'm still struggling with this though. I want to use Deck C's "MID" as Deck A's "Mid High" and the mid on A stays just the normal Mid.

I know it's confusing, but I want to turn the S4 into a 2 deck mixer with:

High
Mid High
Mid
Low

Really not sure how to override the settings to map it. Trying Controller Manager, but just confused.
Kellie Myrum
Yep, use override function and map both mid and low commands to same knob but check INVERT on one of them.
Charline Dye
Not sure what you want to do with the decks, but to remap a knob use the override function and map what you want to them.

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy