S2 users and the Traktor loop recorder

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: S2 users and the Traktor loop recorderReply
S2 users and the Traktor loop recorder
Posted on: 28.05.2013 by Denna Bracamonte
Being the student that I am, I didn't have enough quiche to invest in a Kontrol S4 for myself; had to go for the S2. One of the things I really want to leverage in Traktor is the loop recorder section, but the S2 has no hardware dedication for it. My question for other DJs using the S2 is:

What are some of the best controllers (NI or otherwise) that you've found for effectively controlling the loop recorder in Traktor?
Denna Bracamonte
Being the student that I am, I didn't have enough quiche to invest in a Kontrol S4 for myself; had to go for the S2. One of the things I really want to leverage in Traktor is the loop recorder section, but the S2 has no hardware dedication for it. My question for other DJs using the S2 is:

What are some of the best controllers (NI or otherwise) that you've found for effectively controlling the loop recorder in Traktor?
Gaynell Rydberg
Denon MC3000 I believe? I could never figure out how to use it. And I'm not a remix deck guy.
Sheldon Dieckmann
On the s4 there is only 4 buttons to control the loop recorder (I believe..) so you could just map those 4 functions to your keyboard, and save yourself a bit of money. The loop recorder's quantise feature means you don't need the most responsive/playable buttons, so it could work nicely. The only problem I see with doing this way is not having a dry/wet, you could possibly re-map a knob on the S2 you don't use often, or set up a modifier?
Kellie Myrum
I use MIDIfighter Spectra to control Loop Recorder in my setup. Got d/w, size, rec, play, delete, undo and eight beat position display. For just Loop Rec control any simple controller can use... It's just which can fit to your budget.
Kecia Wnukowski
I don't have a s2 but here's my take: the loop recorder doesn't have that many functions and all are mappable (I thiiiiiink...) so any controller with a few buttons and a fader or knob would accommodate those.
And if you don't want to invest in another controller but you do have a smart phone, use it with touch osc (cost a few euros/$) and that will be great.

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy